Super Pig HVLP -v- T200/Minimist Mobile HVLP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lois007

Reaction score
Hiya

I have just completed my tantrick spray tanning course.

I am now looking to swap from my current set up of a compressor and airbrush to an HVLP system. I'm looking at two at the moment - the T200/Minimist Mobile and the Super Pig.

Other than the slight difference in price, I'm just wondering whether there is a huge difference between the two machines? I understand that the T200/Minimist Mobile is for light use, the Super Pig states that it is suitable for medium use.

I'm a bit confused regarding the T200 as I am trying to gauge how many full tans you could do, one after the other, before having to switch it off and leave it to cool down etc. :confused:

I thought i would check with you all first. Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated :green:

Thanks heaps !

Lou
xx

I have the minimist mobile, I've only had a chance to do a few tans but already I love it! Its so small as well and comes in a lovely bag to carry it all round in. Good for in the home salon and when going mobile.

I was told that you could do three tans before having to leave it to cool slightly, thats okay with me though as I'd need a rest by then so its good to have an excuse!!!

I was told that you could do three tans before having to leave it to cool slightly

I done 13 tans the other day with my T200. There was about 3-4mins in-between each one but it was fine...

hth

xx

Hiya

Thanks so much for your replies,

I'm going for the T200 - I got a bit confused and had visions of doing two tans and then having to wait hours until it cooled down before I could do any more !!

thanks for your help,

lou xx

i too have done about 7 tans in a row, with the minimist, and as you are switching it off to leave the room for changing, or filling client record cards out etc, i didnt have any problems atall

i heard from my trainer that she tanned all day with the minimist at one of the shows and there was no problems!!!

good luck xx
and well done with your training xx

As a matter of interest, why do you want to change from a compressor and airbrush. I LOVE my airbush and find the results far superior to my HVLP system, and it uses quite e abit less solution. The HVLP is a bot lighter and easier to carry (so I use this for mobile work only) and marginally quicker but no where near enough to warrant a change on my part....and my compressor keeps chugging out tans without needing a break.

Just interested as to the reasoning?

Hi
I do like my compressor and airbrush, I just find that I have quite a bit of overspray with it. The compressor I have cannot support an air-gun either.

I guess because I trained with the HVLP, I found it a lot easier and less messy

xx

with the new upgraded motor the T200 should perfome more tans before needing to rest than the origional T100...
is that you in your avator holding your spry gun at the ready :lol::lol:

Brill - thanks Collin
I was just worried that the machine wouldnt be able to cope but to be honest, i wont be doing tanning parties etc (well not just yet anyway!)
thank you very much for your help

lou
xx

Latest posts

Back