Swimming with a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gill670

Reaction score
Have just had a potential client ask how sienna x copes with swimming as she had a st tropez tan last year and it came off as soon as she got in the pool.

What are the tips for swimming with a spray tan?

It simply cannot just "come off as soon as she got in the pool" lol

The pool water contains chlorine so will " bleach out " the colour but not make it disappear in one go.

ok maybe I worded it wrong!
Her tan faded dramatically after being in the pool!

How can I advise someone going swimming after a spray tan?

Unfortunately swimming + spray tan = big no-no! The chlorine will take off any tan solution very quickly! I advise clients on their care sheet to avoid swimming if they want their tan to last! Sorry..x

yes agree just be honest, it will fade much quicker possibly go patchy, no gettting away from that. Although I did wear A Tan to Butlins lasted from the friday to the sunday very well, I was very impressed, in pool both days for an hour a time!! Still wouldnt guarantee though.:wink2:

Am I right in saying sea water would be like an exfoliant because of the salt and obv ph of water etc so would fade a tan?

Am I right in saying sea water would be like an exfoliant because of the salt and obv ph of water etc so would fade a tan?

Sea water is not an exfoliant because the salt is desolved and does not act like a grit does in an exfoliator to buff off the top layer of dead cells.

A swim in sea water is better than a swim in chlorine but any length of time spent in water brings the risk of a tan going patchy as the skin softens and comes away when you soak, and always advise to dab/pat dry after swimming, bathing or showering to avoid rubbing the top layer of skin off.

When swimming with a spray tan on, whether in chlorinated pools or in the sea, the tan will fade.

To reduce the effects on the tan, use a high quality waterproof sunblock which will create a barrier - remembering to reapply regularly.

Short quick dips instead of long swims will also reduce the fade.

Hope this helps.

i use sienna x spray tan and i taught my sister how to use my gun so she could spray tan me! haha, i went to butlins back in feb and i know there pool is filled to the brim with chemicals because it was an 18-30s weekend so they just assume dirty people will be going in there with hangovers and what not, but i decided id go in the pool for an hour max, which i did and my tan was fine, abit faded but ok, THEN i decided to bop around the water rapids for abit longer, ended up in there for about 3 n half hours, bye bye tan... it was kind of still there but really faded and my fingers were really patchy, but on the other hand like i said the pool was full with clorine (however you spell it) it was so bad it made my eyes burn (and i was wearing goggles) and my face went all crusty with flakey skin, so it just depends what sort of pool shes going to i suppose? i def wouldnt recommend staying in aslong as i did! i just had to top up my tan with an instant wash off tan for that night x

Latest posts

Back