Tan marks under arms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray tan jane

Reaction score
Does anyone else leave tan marks under clients arms( upper arms by arm pits) ? I've been tanning for 6 years and was trained by sienna do I can give a good tan. It's only recently started happening and doesn't happen to all my clients. It's making me lose my confidence. I'm wondering if they are at fault and are letting their inner arms touch their sides . Has this happened to any of you guys?

Could it be that under their arms are dry? Happens to me if I don't moisturise!

Have you changed your routine?

No I haven't. I can't understand it. I do back and back
Of arms first and that's when it happens. I did it today. The client had massive boobs but it hasn't been a problem before.

I don't moisturizer under the arms. Do you? X

she could of used an oily shower gel or taking medication which affects the skins Ph.

Yeah cause I seem to have a dry patch were my breast meets my armpit.

I'm tanning tomorrow so fingers crossed. Thanks for your answers x

Definitely moisturise the underarms...they would of shaved/waxed this area, so it will be dry.;)

I was only trained to moisturize feet, knees , hands and elbows.

ANYWHERE that's dry!

I get my my clients to stand either with their arms out or arms on their head until it's dried. I find it marks if it's still wet & they put their arms down, but don't forget this is only their guide colour do after they've showered it should be fine anyway. Has anyone contacted you after olive tanned them to mention this?

Hi fluffy , no one has contacts me thank god and you're right it's only the guide colour so I think it would be ok when they've showered. I'm starting to think it's where they let their arms touch their sides. I'm tanning tonight and I'm
Going to pay attention to what they do . I dry them after with the hose so I can inspect the tan anyway. [emoji4]

I dry underarms, neck and boobs straight away as I've found these are the areas that can transfer/take longer to dry.
I then continue to spray the rest and dry at the end if needed.

Yes I may have to change my routine. I always dry under boobs straight away if they big ( need holding up).

Latest posts

Back