Tanning Injections?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys

botom line on GMTV This morning

"it is illegal to advertise or sell these injections in the UK"

before using them please ask yourself why

obviously on some people they are producing the desired results, but from what i have heard and personally seen the results are unpredictable/unpleasant and in some cases dangerous and damaging

do you need a tan that much:!:

The trouble is, sites like these get indexed into google, and so in a way its a extra roundabout way of advertising for the named tanning product..

No offence to this site at all, its my bible, I love and am addicted to it :hug:

And I've just added to it .....DANG

Last edited:
botom line on GMTV This morning

"it is illegal to advertise or sell these injections in the UK"

No wonder my previous direct question was being..well erm..ignored :rolleyes:

Unfortunately some dealers are bypassing trading standards by advertising there wares on .com websites............should be stopped but some people will continue to find ways around the law I guess :rolleyes:

hi all,
I just thought id share my oppinion on the melanotan! I personally think it is fab and dont knock it untill you try it. It is very inexpensive also... £40 for 2 bottles...you do 1 jab a day for 8 days(1st bottle) then once a week for 8 weeks after that(second bottle). Ur tan develops after the first week then once the course is finished ur tan lasts for 2-3 months without injections or sunbeds after that. The amount i spend on sunbeds and false tan normally in 3 months tops £40!! you dont look a "hotdog" colour either and ill tell you why... you inject yourself in the fat in ur tummy with an insulin needle and inside that injection is a hormone..this hormone brings out your skins natural melanin. so what ever 'tone' your skin goes in the sun naturally...wether its golden, deep, orange..whatever. THAT is what colour your skin will go! just faster and deeper than normal. The jabs also help against skin cancer as your melanin is your bodys natural defence against uv rays. So as ur going on the sunbed(after the first week to stimulate ur melanin) ur skin is highly protected. It is being used in australia on ginger skins to bring the skin cancer rate down. Anyway....i think youv all heard enough now. I just wanted to let you know. Happy tanning :green:

hi all,
I just thought id share my oppinion on the melanotan! I personally think it is fab and dont knock it untill you try it. It is very inexpensive also... £40 for 2 bottles...you do 1 jab a day for 8 days(1st bottle) then once a week for 8 weeks after that(second bottle). Ur tan develops after the first week then once the course is finished ur tan lasts for 2-3 months without injections or sunbeds after that. The amount i spend on sunbeds and false tan normally in 3 months tops £40!! you dont look a "hotdog" colour either and ill tell you why... you inject yourself in the fat in ur tummy with an insulin needle and inside that injection is a hormone..this hormone brings out your skins natural melanin. so what ever 'tone' your skin goes in the sun naturally...wether its golden, deep, orange..whatever. THAT is what colour your skin will go! just faster and deeper than normal. The jabs also help against skin cancer as your melanin is your bodys natural defence against uv rays. So as ur going on the sunbed(after the first week to stimulate ur melanin) ur skin is highly protected. It is being used in australia on ginger skins to bring the skin cancer rate down. Anyway....i think youv all heard enough now. I just wanted to let you know. Happy tanning :green:

So what about the side effects and the fact that it is illegal in this country!?!?!?

hi all,

personnel opinion's aside and not going into the is it right or wrong aspects...the bottom line whether we like it or not ,is that its use has not as yet been verified as being safe and subsequently licenced for sale in this,and other countries.

Until such time as this happens I cannot for the life of me see ,agree or understand why users would expose themselves to potential risk of the as yet unknown long term effects.

As professionals it would not be apropriate for us to endorse treatments which at the moment are illegal :eek:

At a guess I would suspect at some point in the future and only after ongoing tests have been properly conducted and that a licence to sell has been obtained that this could legitimately form part of beauty treatments offered by suitably competent therapists under licence etc.

Till then..well erm ...OMG :hug:

Well i used to have the odd sunbed and ued to burn slightly but since using Melanotan 2 and only having a 4 min sunbed session every few weeks i now dont burn at all and on my holiday in greece in 40oc heat again no burning, surley this is a positive thing. i know approx 20 plus people on melanotan and to be honest some of them looked a little freckly/patchy in the first few days but when the course was complete this subsided and they all look good. the scary thing is that young girls could order this off the internet with no clue on how to inject it and may abuse it i.e taking more that the required dosage with the thinking they would go darker faster. I was fine with the injecting as i have a nursing backround but know a few thin people who have injected into muscle and caused a bruise. have also found that men seem to tan in only 7days even fair skinned men, my boyf uses it and he is a enviable colour and its true that it increases libido in men and causes the odd spontenious erection but these effects do subside

Hiya, I was just wondering was it you who was on 'This Morning' this morning haha, if it was your tan was lovely!?
Well anyway, im really interested in Melanotan, and have been for some time but have not been able to find anywhere safe enough to buy it from, so I was wondering where it was you got yours from. And another thing I was concerned about was, which do I use Melanotan 1 or 2? Thanks a lot x

Hiya, I was just wondering was it you who was on 'This Morning' this morning haha, if it was your tan was lovely!?
Well anyway, im really interested in Melanotan, and have been for some time but have not been able to find anywhere safe enough to buy it from, so I was wondering where it was you got yours from. And another thing I was concerned about was, which do I use Melanotan 1 or 2? Thanks a lot x

Um. It's illegal in the UK.

As has been said (by Collin most recently) the long term effects and side effects are unkown also, why put yourself through this for a tan :grr:

Would you do a drugs trial? Not knowing what the side effects or long term consequences would be? Probably not and these trials are under strict control. What controls or backup have you got at home in you bath/bedroom???

I really don't get some people :rolleyes:

It was on this morning on ITV and they where saying it is illegal to use and buy as they haven't done enough Trial. It was on this morning.
Melanotan

Sun-lovers who are starved of the real thing could be putting their health at risk by injecting themselves with illegal tanning drug, Melanotan.

The medicines watchdog have put out a warning that there has not been enough research into the drugs possible side effects.

Stacey Boardman has been using the drug for three months and has not as yet experienced any specific side effects.
"The first time I injected myself I got a hot flush and nausea but those have been the only side effects I have suffered. My health has been absolutely fine since," explains Stacey.

Claire Tilstone from the governments Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) says:

“It is not known what the possible side effects are or how serious they could be."

Trials in America were halted amid concerns the drug was causing dangerous rises in blood pressure. Some of the users also complained of nausea and flushing while others noticed new moles or freckles or that existing ones got darker.:)

I would rather wait till they say it is safe to use.

hi all,

I am still waiting for my tan to appear?!!

I finished the course (10 injections, urs was 8? lol) on the first of november.. and im still not brown.... any ideas or suggestions or even explanations lol

thanks xxxxxxxxx

Considering it's illegal to buy it in the UK you could have been injecting yourself with water for all you know - but you ain't got anyone to complain to about it :irked:

What a great forum and a great thread! I only came on to read what Weezer had written about a spraytan machine and I now I know tons about the "barbie injection" PS - thanks Weeser, i am definatly going to buy the shadez spray, I am hoping to set up a mobile tanning business!

My thoughts - what a great idea, I am extremely pale, jags do not bother me and neither does the thought of injection. However I would never ever ever inject anything that had not been tried, tested and approved! Infact I would never swallow, sniff or put anything in my body that hasnt had the green light, especially chemicals. I hope it turns out to be a go-er as it is something I would definately try but it should be monitored and you should be shown how to do it in a professional salon and ir should only be allowed to be purchased from licenced vendors. We shall see eh?!

Considering alot of things are illegal in the UK a tanning injection doesnt worry me in the slightest.
I know its not water cos it has brought me out in a few large dark beauty spots...
The woman who i bought it from said the tan usually appears within three weeks after your course of ten injections (it will be three weeks on saturday) but i was just wondering.. when to buy the other course and start it?! xx

Last edited:
Hi all, i have been looking into this injection as it is has not as yet finished trials and has got a warning to stop trials as high blood pressure has been noticed changing. i would like to trial it my self to see what results i can get, can sum1 telol me where to find it and how much it will cost x:Grope:

This blood pressure reports stem from testing done on a nasal spray version of bremelanotide, a sexual dysfunction/libido enhancement drug who's development branched off of Melanotan II (which beyond the tanning aspects also has the sexual side). The news reports fail to mention this. This effect wasn't reported in the results of the few clinical trials done with melanotan II. That is not to say that there isn't potentially a similar effect in melanotan II but just that this blood pressure concern has been extrapolated from results of clinical trials of bremelanotide.
In the numerous clinical trials that have so far been conducted on the first version of melanotan (melanotan one - the version that has NO sexual effects) there hasn't been any reports of elevated blood pressure.
From your post it seems that your attitude is too casual. I would advise anyone who's casually thinking of using either melanotan peptide to NOT do so. If you're going to go counter to my advise then DO NOT BE CASUAL, please do your homework and inform yourself well. The MHRA's concerns are valid. When purchasing drugs on the internet there is no guarantee that what you are buying isn't something either counterfeit or contaminated. This is your health we're talking about, it's not a game.

-Scott
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin

Last edited:
That was interesting to read Kate :hug:

i saw it on this morning last week when i was having my breakfast its a great idea but the goverment cannot allow it to be sold in the uk at the mo as there hasnt been enough testing on it so they dont know the outcome you could just have a great tan or you could go orange and get lumps and bumps and look like a jelly baby who knows.... i think fake tan is the best way to go!! apart from the bad stained handsi get eww!

Latest posts

Back