Tape extensions 3-6 month hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
I really can't be bothered with another method of extensions to have to re bond & im training in this method this week, can anyone reccomend hair that is 3-6 months ware rather than Mongolian etc which lasts a year, id like a range I can chuck away at the end of the cycle & just apply new each time tia

Hair Planet does Indian tape extensions.

Hi Surfgirl, We supply hair extensions in different methods including weft/tape weft. We have a wide selection of colours and shades available. We also do offer trade accounts, so do get in touch if you would like more information.

They've discontinued them. Now only 20" Mongolian double drawn. Not all that tbh. Last 2" are super thin so the
They've been discontinued. They now do 'Mongolian' 20" DD. The last 2" are really thin though so really only 18" and not cheap. Studio 58 are cheaper but I haven't tried them.

Studio is also Mongolian now, looks like sjk is going to be my best bet

Studio is also Mongolian now, looks like sjk is going to be my best bet
I wouldn't risk it, the hair quality is awful,I lost so much money replacing the hair.

I wouldn't risk it, the hair quality is awful,I lost so much money replacing the hair.
Ah right good to know, hair planet are really expensive per gram for the quality so I'm not sure what to go for

I really can't be bothered with another method of extensions to have to re bond & im training in this method this week, can anyone reccomend hair that is 3-6 months ware rather than Mongolian etc which lasts a year, id like a range I can chuck away at the end of the cycle & just apply new each time tia

Have you looked at Angel Remy? They do tape hair and I didn't think were too bad price wise plus you get a trade discount x

Have you looked at Angel Remy? They do tape hair and I didn't think were too bad price wise plus you get a trade discount x
Just looked at Angel Remy ourselves prices seem reasonable with the trade discount but we're nervous about quality.

How difficult is it to buy direct from a wholesaler (or where ever the suppliers get them from?) has anyone thought about grouping together possibly on here and buying as one? Obviously you wouldn't be wise to buy with one of your competitors (close\local to yourselves) but bulk buying and getting a good supplier can benefit everyone - just a thought :)

Angel Remy have discontinued tapes so the only stock left is what is showing on the website.

Remi cachet injection tapes are amazing.

Studio 58 are lovely tapes, prestige do tapes and transform are bringing back tapes.

Wouldn't touch sjk.

Angel Remy have discontinued tapes so the only stock left is what is showing on the website.

Studio 58 are lovely tapes, prestige do tapes and transform are bringing back tapes.

Wouldn't touch sjk.
When I spoke to angel remy just before Christmas they said they was bringing 613 and 60 out in tapes this month?

When I spoke to angel remy just before Christmas they said they was bringing 613 and 60 out in tapes this month?
They told me they were discontinuing them. No notice and no reason. Maybe they've changed their minds??

They told me they were discontinuing them. No notice and no reason. Maybe they've changed their minds??
Hope they aren't discontinuing them was going to trial them in my hair cos I refuse to pay Jen Atkins prices! have you used their tapes?

Wouldn't touch sjk.
The prices are more the type you'd want to re use tho rather than throw away would you say?

Just looked at Angel Remy ourselves prices seem reasonable with the trade discount but we're nervous about quality.

How difficult is it to buy direct from a wholesaler (or where ever the suppliers get them from?) has anyone thought about grouping together possibly on here and buying as one? Obviously you wouldn't be wise to buy with one of your competitors (close\local to yourselves) but bulk buying and getting a good supplier can benefit everyone - just a thought :)
It's very difficult, I read about a girl who forked out 3grand to buy wholesale and ended up with crap, you can buy from transform wholesale but the min order is £3000

That's really strange as I used their tapes and they advised they are discontinuing them as they were getting too many complaints of people not knowing how to fit them/remove them properly so I took them off my price list.
Would be amazing if that wasn't the case but the stock hasn't updated and there are only a few colours in stock.

The prices are more the type you'd want to re use tho rather than throw away would you say?

I don't think there is a company that do cheaper tapes.

Sjk prices are still quite expensive for the quality. I used them 3 times, 2 x tapes and 1 weave and the hair quality was appalling.

Studio 58 prices are great I think and the cheapest out of the ones I suggested. You don't need as many grams like individuals.
Most of my fittings have 100g. I used to fit 120g of angel remy tapes and that used to be more than enough.

Hope they aren't discontinuing them was going to trial them in my hair cos I refuse to pay Jen Atkins prices! have you used their tapes?
I used to use AR tapes all the time so I was surprised and gutted that they said they were stoppIng them. I use prestige now and they are good but considerably more expensive. AR tapes were the cheapest around.

I don't think there is a company that do cheaper tapes.

Sjk prices are still quite expensive for the quality. I used them 3 times, 2 x tapes and 1 weave and the hair quality was appalling.

Studio 58 prices are great I think and the cheapest out of the ones I suggested. You don't need as many grams like individuals.
Most of my fittings have 100g. I used to fit 120g of angel remy tapes and that used to be more than enough.
Yeah agree! SJK tapes were awful. I haven't tried the new studio 58, because they sell them in 50g packs and I mix colours much more than that to get perfect blends/highlights/balayage effect etc. You definitely don't as much using tapes. My tape fittings are 60g, 100g and 140g for half, 3/4 and full head on average. It's easily enough and often clients ask for a few less!

Latest posts

Back