Tape in extensions, should they hurt a bit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flinders

Reaction score
Hi

I come here to read advice etc but I'm not a hairdresser or in the trade just a customer looking for tips and advice :). Hope someone can answer a question around the comfort of tape in extensions.

I've been through so many different types of extensions and 9 days ago had tape in's fitted. They are the 1.5 inch tabs and due to my fine and bleached hair I was advised would be good for my hair. So far so good apart from since fitted I can feel the odd hair pulling where it feels to be an odd strand that is sandwiched between the two pieces that is tighter than the rest? As the days go on it is getting less painful. It's not uncomfortably painful and is more obvious at the end of the day when I take my ponytail or braid out and if I touch where attached it feels a bit tender in some places. Is this normal? I've had tight fitting cold fusion extensions that really hurt my head and this is in no way as bad as that! Will it settle or at worst is it going to damage my hair? The tape is attached approx 3mm away from my scalp but the bits that are hurting are the underneath bit so if I lift the tap up away from my head it pulls more? Hope I'm explaining myself so you understand! Any advice would be great. :) thank you.

Anyone got any advice?

It may just be odd hairs where the tech hasn't done clean enough sections? X if that makes sense aha x

It may just be odd hairs where the tech hasn't done clean enough sections? X if that makes sense aha x

Thank you. I think it is just the stray hairs as can feel these are tighter and they are all the ones from underneath rather than the top. :)

Should they be like that and can it damage my hair long term?

Sometimes it can! Can you not carefully pull the tighter strands out? But not actually rip them out of your scalp? Just gently pull xx

My hair has grown a bit since my fitting and think it's made it less tight. Either that or all the tight ones have pulled out of my head! . Thank you for your replies much appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back