Tesco reveals details of new salon concept

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what you get when a sales man gets the bit between his teeth, no understanding of the industry, or the client who wants to be pampered and soothed.
Good luck, with those prices and that atmosphere they are very welcome to the type of client they will get. Considering how they have started to security tag their fresh meat, you would think they would know better:lol:

You're joking right? They're thief proofing meat now? LOL

They are basically following in the footsteps of Walmart! Obviously trying to do it before Asda does here!

In the States, at the front of walmart they have opticians, pharmacies, hairdressers, nail salons, photographers... you name it, they have it!!!

It was always going to come eventually!!!

Personally, I would NEVER have a beauty treatment of any kind while shopping at Tesco.

For me, shopping is part of my weekly drudgery. I HATE IT!

Having my nails or hair done is ME TIME and I will fight to the death to keep both things separate.

I would much rather set aside an hour or so to be pampered in your relaxing nail bar/beauty salon than trudge into the flourescent lit conveyor belt that will be the Tesco "Beauty Lounge" with my carrier bags!!!

NO THANKS!

Personally, I would NEVER have a beauty treatment of any kind while shopping at Tesco.

For me, shopping is part of my weekly drudgery. I HATE IT!

Having my nails or hair done is ME TIME and I will fight to the death to keep both things separate.

I would much rather set aside an hour or so to be pampered in your relaxing nail bar/beauty salon than trudge into the flourescent lit conveyor belt that will be the Tesco "Beauty Lounge" with my carrier bags!!!

NO THANKS!

-Exactly !!!

You know what? Let Tesco take the low end seeking clients and save us all the trouble. Like Geeg and others have said, I think the only people who need to be worrying about client bases are actually the NSS salons and such.

It will be interesting to see the state of trade for NSS salons after the launch of the Tesco services, I wonder how they will compete?

Hi fellow geeks!

When I read about this, I couldn't stop crying with laughter as I just can't imagine getting a manicure done in the middle of a supermarket!

Then something came into my mind. . . . . Didn't Topshop adopt a similar idea to have a hair salon in their flagship store a few years back or am I barking up the wrong tree??!!

Vicky x

maybe this will create employment opportunities for trained beauty/hair/nail people. My initial reaction is that this will be one to watch for those who seek to be employed.

I agree, there may be more opportunities for employment and careers....however I'd never want to get a treatment there!I don't think private salons should be worried, the experience of a small private salon is more pleasant and comfortable and people do pay extra for that. Clients hate the conveyor belt treatments that some big salons offer and this I imagine would be tesco's approach

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Soon they will own hospitals and funeral homes too so we can even be born and burried by them !!!!:irked:

It just screams Supercuts. That's never good. There's just so many things wrong with it. Any guesses on what products they'll be using? I don't think it'll be Redken or Tigi, or anything like that, it'll be something like the Designline stuff in Regis or even worse, Tesco value. It's really worrying.

I Think That Tescos are the biggest money monsters ever ! Already small business have had to close down because of the monopoly of tesco ! Why an earth would they want to enter the world of hair and beauty ??? This rings to me as unprofessional supercuts salon with no customer service, and do tell me the manager of the beauty for tescos what experience does he have in the hair and beauty industry? I can see poor young people on min wage being exploited ! This is so wrong and I feel so strongly about this. We as professionals work so hard for our reputation, I really can not see Tesco taking over this industry as cheap cuts speak for themselves. Can you see Tesco entering competitions ? Can you see them encouraging education for our young ones ?? NO NO NO !!!! Instead It will be a nation of conforming people same clothes same hair same nails same food in the basket !!!!! Keep it individual Tesco have the millions already.:mad: NOW LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS AND TRY AND SEE OUTSIDE OF THE MONEY GRABBING BOX !!!!!! :mad:

and don't forget the clubcard points! wonder if you can pay for a treatment with them?:smack:

Maybe i am behind with the times or just far to busy consentrating on looking after my business and clients so much, i have only just put a ranting thread about this on and a nice geek directed me to this thread.. all i can say is its sad that such a big monster wants to eat all the little people...i will continue to work by little backside off every day and on my days off to keep my head above water and my lovely long term and new clients happy, with the hope that its a blooming big flop for Tesco and people realise that you get what u pay for.... i will now sit and watch all those bad hair doos walk through the door asking to have it put right and paying twice. oh i could cary on for ever on this one :mad: Rant Over !

Latest posts

Back