The business side of things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu8909

Reaction score
hi all!

The more i start to think about having my own business the more im wanting one! Id absolutely love a salon but thats something id have to work and pray for lol. Anyway.. with starting up a business what do i have to do? Im saving money for training but id like to know all the little bits and bobs il need to do. I love tanning and nail extensions and after seeing minx i adore them! cant wait to learn them all! but all business things im at a loss i dont know where to start.
x

hi all!

The more i start to think about having my own business the more im wanting one! Id absolutely love a salon but thats something id have to work and pray for lol. Anyway.. with starting up a business what do i have to do? Im saving money for training but id like to know all the little bits and bobs il need to do. I love tanning and nail extensions and after seeing minx i adore them! cant wait to learn them all! but all business things im at a loss i dont know where to start.
x

You could not make a better choice than to have CND as your partner in starting your business. You are never just a customer at CND .. they mentor and partner you on your path to success with the best training, the best products, the best customer service and support and a genuine desire to see you succeed. If you don't know where they are then call 08452106060 or go to Welcome - Sweet Squared

There are quite a few business side of things to think about

Advertising & Marketing
If you choose the option of self employed, sorting out taxes etc
Insurance
Finding a premises to work from
Keeping clients records & making sure consultation cards are filled out
Health and Safety side of things
Ethics of working in the beauty industry
Perhaps write a business plan
Advertising materials & equipment
And im sure there are more things that i may have missed out.

It depends what you mean by starting a business. it can mean setting yourself up as a self employed tech right through to a chain of salons. Having a clear goal can help you figure out your start point.
For instance if you want to be a self employed mobile invest in great training and advertising.
If you want a salon its a good idea to work in one to observe how it runs etc.

hi there,

im not sure if im the right person to reply but i have opened my 5 room salon a few months ago and the first week was hard then the clients started flooding in and i could not cope on my own, so i got a nail tech to do just nails and another therapist for beauty alongside myself, i have had pay problems, staff problems, bills etc etc , i found myself in soooooooo much debt luckily i had support from other businesses through my husband and im just startin to see the light at the end of the tunnel the stress alone kept me awake for weeks on end, nobody is your friend and everyone wants you to fail, perhaps you should work in a salon enviroment for a while before commiting to such a big thing!!
:hug:

Latest posts

Back