The Edge - Alieda

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarajay

Reaction score
Does anyone have experince using 'The Edge' products by Alieda ? I'd like to know if they are any good etc.
Please also can anyone tell me what is the difference between gel and acryllic - I can't find this information and therefore can't decide which system to use. I have emailed CND but they never replied or sent the info through.
Thanks Sara

im shocked cnd havent replied, they are normally very promt with answering quieries!

I've used the edge products and i personally dont like them. the only one i thought was half decent was the fibre glass.

Liquid and powder (aka acrylic) is a polymer (powder) and monomer (liquid) which have to be mixed together to form a chemical reaction which makes the product cure. a lot of people think that L&P is the hardest system to master, but i think this just all depends on the personl. You have to make sure that your ratio of monomer to polymer is correct, as if it is to wet or too dry the nail will be brittlem, and wont cure correctly. also if the product is too wet you will have tiny little bubbles in it.

Gel is a pre mixed product which will only cure under a uv light. the good thing about this is that you dont have problems with ratios and the product wont be curing quicker than you can apply it. but it takes practice, and you have to make sure your layers arent too thick or too thin and that the product isnt just slipping into the side walls, and sometimes it is hard to get a nice apex when you first start.

I think you should give cnd another try, i requested some info on conversion courses on their website, and the info was sent out straight away.

i think tho, more that anything its not the product you work with that is the problem it is the level of trainig, such as gig, would be able to do a fab set what ever product she used, and when you first start out its hard to make head nor tail of any of it. this is probley why i dont like the edge as i used it when i first started out. so i suppose that just as long as you get the best training it doesnt matter who you use!

Hiya,

I find the edge products really good, the clarity in the powders are fab and the gels are also fab, backup has been good for me too. Training!!!! the thing with training is, you cannot do a 3 or 4 day course and become "qualified" this comes with experience and a hell of a lot more training over a hell of a lot of years.

Yes the difference is Acrylic "which its is common name" is a liquid monomer and a powder polymer, when mixed together polymerizers and goes hard. Gel is an Oligmer, it has shorter chains of molecules than polymer which allows uv light to penatrate the gel to cure it, it is pre mixed and is like a gooey gel (hense the name).

HTH

Amanda

Thanks for the clarification this really helped me ! I am trying to find a system I can teach myself at home as just had baby and training not a option right now. Ultimately, I would like to do CND when I can leave baby long enough to do a course (they don't have any centres near me at all !).
Amanda - which Edge product would you recommend ?
Thanks Sara

Oh I also meant to ask what CND uses - is that acrylic of gel ? I emailed them that question (as well as request for info) and it is the email that I didn't get a reply to. I think I will try again.
S

Hiya,

Firstly the best way for you teach at home is with the essential nails home learn course, this is great for when you at home with a young baby!! It is great but i do think that training is on going and a life long learning curve, but its fab for an intro into nails.

I use all The Edge L&P's, i have tried their gels, but most of my clients are L&P I use The Edge and Nailorder.

CND do L&P its called Retention Plus and another one called Solar Nail, Their Gel is Brisa and they also do Fabfric which is basically a fabric wrap system.

Amanda

Thanks so much for all your help !

sarajay said:
Thanks so much for all your help !
Anytime, thats what we are all here for

Amanda:hug:

Lily said:
Hiya,

CND do L&P its called Retention Plus and another one called Solar Nail, Their Gel is Brisa and they also do Fabfric which is basically a fabric wrap system.

Amanda
Just wanted to add to this, :)
CND's L&P range covers
Solar Nail - older liquid system
Radical - worlds first non primer liquid
Retention + - first keratin bonding liquid
Moxie - retention with speed
Powders...
SolarNail powders
Ultra powders and
Perfect powders - P&W's with multiple variations, mosaics and metros

+ Brisa - the new Gel system, contains no formaldehyde, gluteraldehye or tolune.... also is a non primer gel!

(can't comment on fabric, as we don't have that available...)

Latest posts

Back