The Hunger Site.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Dear all

I heard about this website on BBC Radio 2 today and thought I would share it with you.

The site is www.thehungersite.com. When you click the "Give Free Food" button (once a day) at http://www.thehungersite.com, this simple action gives over a cup of fortified food to a hungry person.

It costs you nothing. Funding is paid by site sponsors and food is distributed by two leading nonprofit hunger relief organizations: Mercy Corps and America's Second Harvest.

The number of people who click each day determines the amount of food that goes to the hungry, so please forward this message along.

Just thought I would spread the word so to speak!!
Thanks for reading.

I clicked it - and clicked the others too! Will do it again tommorow and the next day etc!

Clicking away.....

Hey,

I think this is a fantastic way to help people less fortunate than us.

If you go onto the website they have a feature that enables you to set up an email alert to remind you to go onto the site and click to give food....they simply send you an email each morning with a direct link to make it even easier for you to show your support.

On the site there is a 'remember to click' link on the left hand side of the home page, this takes you to a page to set up the alert.....another reason to sign up to the email alert is that they fund an extra two cups of food to say thanx for signing up!!

Anyone who has their own website may be interested to know that the site has designed banners for the site that you can put on your own website. Anyone who visits your website can show their support by clicking the banner.....the instructions on how to add the banners (plus a selection of banners to choose from) can be found by clicking the 'more you can do' link on the home page. When your on the 'more you can do' page simply scroll to the bottom of the page....the site tells you what to do from there.

There are other sites where you can show support, they are as follows -

www.thebreastcancersite.com - helps to fund free mammograms
www.thechildhealthsite.com - helps children to stay healthy
www.theliteracysite.com - helps to give free books to children
www.therainforestsite.com - click to save the rainforests
www.theanimalrescuesite.com - feed animals in need

Happy Clicking!!!!!

Jenn xx

I've clicked....what a great way to help people.:)

Latest posts

Back