The Point Of My Story

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailman

Reaction score
The Point I was trying to make in my earlier post (http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=14709) was that even tho I live in a major metro area there were no educators within 100 miles who could teach a class at the local supply chain, CREATIVE FLEW IN AN EDUCATOR FROM PENNSYLVANIA.So after taking the Creative Roadshow 3 day course (WHICH IS LUCKILY LESS THAN 30 MILES AWAY)and successfully completing it, Creative Nail Design will give out the Grand Master Certification.

So after I become a Grandmaster Nail Stylist for Creative will that enable me to pursue a possible career with Creative educating in my area? I am getting better with each set of nails that I do, and am confident of my creativity and speaking abilities , but how should someone pursue something like this?

I love the salon which i moonlight at. Great reputation, lovely clientelle, but I dont own it. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have had, but strive for more. I think it would be more gratifying for myself to become so in touch with the brush in my hand that I could then pass on my knowledge to others.

I know I have much, much more to learn and experience, but I will never forget the O.P.I REP who visited my nail class to do a demo. She was horrible, unpersonable and not very talented. I would want to be further trained and to have training available indefinitely before taking something of this nature on, but............................I 'm sure any "good" company looking for talented nail stylists to provide education to techs about "Their" products would want and offer just that.

In the Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Indianappolis, Cincinatti, St Louis areas IT would be a GREAT THING. IF NOT ME ...THEN WHO? I for one know I could do it and be good at it, but who you gonna call? I called Creative in California three times today and left e-mail. Still no answer. I will keep trying everyday. The squeaky wheel gets the grease ya know.
TTFN,

NAILMAN

tEND TO RAMBLE ON NOW DON'T I ?

Hey, Nailman,

Good luck getting the info you need.

I moved here from the UK three weeks ago and am still trying to find somewhere to do my 400 hours for the SB exam.

I foolishly thought with a nail bar on every corner nail schools would be ten a penny. I'm beginning to realise just how big America is.

With your drive and commitment I just know you're gonna get where you want to go!

Best wishes,

Karen
x

Latest posts

Back