The SEO Help Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely Weebly x

I know this a relatively old thread, and I'm not sure the original poster has been on for a while BT I have a question ofr any geeks who know about SEO

I am edited my cms website through Wordpress.

I am editing a page

At the top I can edit the page title - this actually changes what appears on the website.

In the SEO section at the bottom I can add a SEO title which automatically sets it as the page title at the top, unless you change it. Now when I change the SEO title it doesn't actually appear like that on my website for example in page I have Welcome to Belle Vie Beauty and the SEO title is Belle Vie Beauty Salon in Burnham On Sea. I like it that was as I don't want to potential clients to keep seeing burnham on sea in the page titles.

But I was wondering if this is the correct way to be SEO'd?

I love Wordpress as you can check how the SEO is and it tells you ways to improve the SEO. But I can't find ways to achieve some of the points without repeating the same thing over and over, and I don't want clients thinking that I am repetitive lol

Jem x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Hiya,

Regarding your question your far better having various search terms in your SEO/title tag. No one will read it most the time anyway.

That's how ours is and after 3 months hard work we are number 3 for "banner printing" in google that gets couple hundred hits a day :) - I am happy to say the least.

Thank you for this thread. Please take a look at mine. www.hairextensions-donna.co.uk. My optimiser only says 42% I can not seem to get higher than this.

Thank you for this thread. Please take a look at mine. www.hairextensions-donna.co.uk. My optimiser only says 42% I can not seem to get higher than this.

What optimiser is that? I will check it out when get on my mac tomorrow. Thing is, against popular belief on site work is only 25% the battle.

What optimiser is that? I will check it out when get on my mac tomorrow. Thing is, against popular belief on site work is only 25% the battle.

Its through vista print.

Thanks

You can't do much with vista print.

If you read back through this thread. You'll get a lot of tips on what you need to do to help you onsite SEO. But lots of it can't be done in a website builder like vistaprint.

I had a content management site designed for me. Cost a few £100 and then a monthly hosting fee. But I really can do anything with if now!

Here's my website www.belle-vie-beauty.co.uk

I'm in the middle of adding more content and using Wordpress' SEO tool.

Jemima :)

Thanks for bumping this thread..simple fabulous!

I just found out all my page titles were wrong :p

Hi, Geeks!
I've just published my website that I've made on weebly.
I've put all the meta key words that I wanted but google still doesn't show it in search results.
Does it take time or I need to do something else to be found, perfectly on first page of results? I'm based in a small town and there's no competition here so I should be found first anyway! (i.ex. when you search for 'nail technician, name of town').
I'm a website newbie, forgive me sounding thick :)

Hi, Geeks!
I've put all the meta key words that I wanted but google still doesn't show it in search results.
Does it take time or I need to do something else to be found, perfectly on first page of results? I'm based in a small town and there's no competition here so I should be found first anyway! (i.ex. when you search for 'nail technician, name of town').

Have you read this while thread?

I think it says somewhere about the length if time for Google tomato changes.

Also there is a lot more than just tags and keywords to get you at the top if google. You need content updated regularly, page titles written correctly.

To me its a minefield and I learn every time I do something but it is hard work.

Jemima :)

Hi, Geeks!

Jemima is correct.
You have to manually submit your website to google as a general rule. This can take up to 4 weeks to index.

Once it's in google then it's a battle to the top. As you said there is no competition I would say you need to do title tags, meta tags, meta description, correctly written 30% rich keyword content.

Also this still takes time. If you haven't done so already buy a domain name. Don't use the .wix.com or whatever it is domains. I think these don't look great to potential clients or google.

Jemima is correct.
You have to manually submit your website to google as a general rule. This can take up to 4 weeks to index.

Once it's in google then it's a battle to the top. As you said there is no competition I would say you need to do title tags, meta tags, meta description, correctly written 30% rich keyword content.

Also this still takes time. If you haven't done so already buy a domain name. Don't use the .wix.com or whatever it is domains. I think these don't look great to potential clients or google.
Thanks for replies even though I have no bloody clue what you guys talking about (I know 'meta tags' though! lol) :)
I think I need to go through this thread from the start and then do some more research to make a decision if it's worth it at all as it seems to be time consuming. Hopefully FB will do the job ;) (somehow I have more clicks on my page then 'likes' on FB :suprised: )

i see this is an old thread but if anyone can help that would be fab! I am building my site with moonfruit - does anyone else have moonfruit site and just wondered how successful it is using seo and metatags on there. iv added all my keywords to the boxes but I don't come up in google at all!
x

What's your website address?

i see this is an old thread but if anyone can help that would be fab! I am building my site with moonfruit - does anyone else have moonfruit site and just wondered how successful it is using seo and metatags on there. iv added all my keywords to the boxes but I don't come up in google at all!
x

On page SEO is only half the battle and I wouldn't imagine moon fruit is the best platform for a site in regards to SEO.

How much should you expect to pay for someone to do SEO work for you? I have someone that is able to have a tinker for me but they are super busy so thinking I should pay someone to do it for me. My website was done through weebly.

On page SEO is only half the battle and I wouldn't imagine moon fruit is the best platform for a site in regards to SEO.

ah ok, do you know of any good sites that i can build my site on? I think im ok at the design side its just understanding the more technical bits! X

Latest posts

Back