The silent hero's of the Competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Well I took my camera, but with all the exitement and nerves did I use it lol ???
Only took a couple of shots, these are my mates and partners in crime, Lynette my regular model and also client of 10 years and Gloria my sometimes model, she is always there when I need her ..... well actually they both are.
These two girls help me more than anyone could imagine........they have so much in common it is scary, nails are almost identical, sense of humour lol, personalities = ABSOLUTLY fabulous, patients of saints ................

Models are always forgotten when we compete for the glory and the trophy....but where would we be if it wasn't for them............. Imagine a room full of highly skilled Nail Technicians battling it out on ??? wait for it.... A Nail Trainer.....LOL.............
So a huge thank you to Lynette for being my rock during the Nailympics and ever patient Model..............
A huge thank you to Gloria, who doesn't think twice of trecking all the way from the north to me in the south at very short notice sometimes for Comp practice and nail skill tweaking....also thanks to Mark her partner she gets here in one piece xxx
Without our Models where would we be ????
So a flippin' big thanks to all models ,where ever and who ever they may be............. you guys are just the best xxx

http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/files/3/1/Picture089.jpg

Well said Ruth!!!

You are really lucky to have 2 people who will be models for you :lol: I cannot find one...hence me not entering comps (well, thats my excuse and I'm sticking like nail adhesive to it!!! PMSL!!!!) :wink2:

Oh Nikki, I am sure there will be a fab model for you in time to come xxxx
Just think every client is a possible Competition model............
I have just poured some product remover on that argument lol.............so thats solved lol...
And yes I am very lucky and count my blessings that they are also great friends xxx

Well said Ruth, they were all brilliant.

My model was a hero but not exactly "silent". I had my daughter with me - bit like having Kevin the Teenager with you :D Bless her!!! She cost me a fortune at the show too because I didn't want to say "No" to anything and risk her walking off in a huff :smack: I blame her mother for giving in to her too easily!!

Mind you, I paid her back a little for all the years of getting at me by letting her walk around Kings Cross Station without telling her that she still had her badge on which said
"Lucy ...........
Model".
She was horrified when she realised :D

Well done and thanks to all the models.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Without our Models where would we be ????
So a flippin' big thanks to all models ,where ever and who ever they may be............. you guys are just the best xxx
:o :o :o Awww!!!! Thanx babe :Love:

I have enjoyed all the modelling experiences I've had.
Theres no better way to gain an insight into the comp circut for the chicken-suited!
Us models feel all the highs & the lows of our competing partners.
It can be stressful for us too, because we want it so bad for you... well I do but, maybe models from outside the industry dont feel that way, I dunno.
I have made some great friends through modelling and met some fantastic peeps.
How else would I be sat here wearing a set of Antony Buckley nails, shared hugs with Ruth Fordham, sat with my back to Trang Nguen, and checked over the nails of Tom Holcomb ...alll in oned day :D
Hey! maybe judging is next... Im certainly developing the eye for it, lol!

Ruth hun, I look as dead in that pic as I felt, two 5:30 a.m start in a row is not my usual thang!!! :zzz:

What a lovely thread...If anyone is ever in need of a model with the crappist natural nails that are fan shape and wide then give me a shout..lol

Thanks for starting this post Ruth....
I want to thank Deni (again!) for all her help over the weekend......bless her staying up til 1.30 am the night before while I was tearing my hair out over which tips to use....bless her for putting up with me telling her to shut up.....she was an angel tho.....a bossy one but a fab one "Pull the skin back Clare pull it back" "Listen to me" ...at the end of the day I had a competition winner as my model so I thought Id better listen!

When I say this Im sure I speak for everyone - She was as much part of my competition entry than I was.....I learnt more from her than I have done at any other comp.

And lastly I must apoligise for yanking out part of her hyponychium with my tweezers and pouring a bottle of Nail Fresh down there....sorry babes xxx

We love you models xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well said Ruth and trust you to be the one to give the models true recognition!

I couldn't agree with you more Ruth, its not just finding a good model with great nail beds LOL but they have to be so committed to you all the way to the competition nail table.

And Gloria, you look pretty darn good for 2 middle of the night starts!

Karen S.

HiYa,
You seem to have your finger on the pulse. Is that right that their is no nail comp at the NEC this year.

Hi ya Joan,
I don't know for sure, but don't think there is unless they are changing it at the last minute................
best bet is to call the organisers and ask them.......

Called the orgainsers but the chap did not know. He said he did not think so because scratch mag were now doing their own shows.

Latest posts

Back