The Straw/Curly/or Spiral Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nafia

Reaction score
To start with you will need to have the following items:
1. A plastic disposable drinking straw
2. A nail form (your preference) * this if you choose to sculpt.*
You can also use a tip and in some cases don't
need any thing these are all options.
3. start to apply the acrylic around the straw make sure that you first
bead is very thin (you don't want your attach piece to be thick because
the nail will be bulky).
4. After you have Sculpted around the straw and have your basic shape
pinch the straw and remove the curl.
5. Once you have your curl off the straw then examine it and fill the spot
that are uneven. This way your nail is smooth and even.
6. You're done with the curl

ATTACHING CURL TO SCULPT/TIP

7. You should have done all the prep work already for your nails.
8. Flip the curl over to the under side at the base file straight across and on
top id necessary if it is thick.
9. Shape your curl and remove all ruff edges.

****************This is were it gets tricky******************
10. Start to sculpt lay a Small bead of acrylic on the underside of your curl
and press to the the nail and continue to sculpt your nail to attach the 2
pieces to make look as one.
11. If you use a tip it is the same process.
12. If it is on natural nail (your are not lengthening) apply a thin layer of acrylic
flip curl over add a small bead to underside of the curl and press it to the
nail. and then continue sculpting.

Happy curlling

DSC01732_965540.JPG
DSC01735.JPG
DSC01741.JPG
DSC01742.JPG
DSC01747.JPG
DSC01748.JPG
DSC01746.JPG
DSC01745.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, thanks for that will have to have a go when I get a chance, what else you got up your sleeve??? :)

Danger Mouse said:
Ooh, thanks for that will have to have a go when I get a chance, what else you got up your sleeve??? :)
aqua nails

Thanks Nafia i will be practicing today.

Florentina Alxander
[email protected]
Nails At Last:)

you will be surprised. *(there is is a finished nail pic of the straw nail in my gallery)*

Great tutorial Nafia, thanks, looks a tad tricky for me tho...but you never know I may try it out!!

paulette said:
Great tutorial Nafia, thanks, looks a tad tricky for me tho...but you never know I may try it out!!
me too - but I think the tutorial is fab - thanks for sharing - now aqua nails - when will be suprised?????:hug:

thanks for sharing is very fab.I thought it was harder than this, i will give it a try.
thanks
latin

no about the same

hi nafia thanks for the tut i dont mean to be terribly slow but i am so could you please if possible do more step by step photos at diff angles so i can see and understand more clearly also pics of how to attach the straw nail to the actual nail itself.. sorry to be so dense but i like to be sure of what i am doing and more pics would really help...pretty please:hug: thank you:)

ariaaland said:
hi nafia thanks for the tut i dont mean to be terribly slow but i am so could you please if possible do more step by step photos at diff angles so i can see and understand more clearly also pics of how to attach the straw nail to the actual nail itself.. sorry to be so dense but i like to be sure of what i am doing and more pics would really help...pretty please:hug: thank you:)
look at picture 6 you will flip your spirl nail over and on the babck side then add a bead of acrylic and press to nail remember you have already done all prep work and this enable your nail to adhere then continue sculpting ovr til you for that nail.

Thanks for this tutorial. Fab

Julie

thank you all for kind comment i was really nervous about this tutorial

what is a spiral nail used for?

Nafia said:
look at picture 6 you will flip your spirl nail over and on the babck side then add a bead of acrylic and press to nail remember you have already done all prep work and this enable your nail to adhere then continue sculpting ovr til you for that nail.

okay i wil try one and let you know
thanks
max

You go girl!!! I will have to find a willing victim...er...client....and muster up some bravery!! :lol:

I must say am in shock i have been wating to know how is this done and omg thank you so very mutch!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder if yacan do a flower i meen the dry flower under the acrilic ? and also are there any nail art tutorial like for say how to make rose petals and so and if am asking to mutch sorry to mutch hunger for nail art thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i love you for what you're doing......:):hug:

amazing..........gtg practice now!!

Man, you're awesome

Latest posts

Back