The Training Room, Birmingham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceymmm

Reaction score
just wondering does anyone have any reviews on this company? I'm planning on starting a beauty course with them?

I have just completed a course with The Training Room.
I've passed and managed to get myself a job which I will be starting in the next few weeks.

Here are some pro's and Cons

Pro's
It's only 12 weeks so it's done and dusted in a short time

The tutors are highly experienced in the industry so know what they are talking about

It's very hands on, lots of practical sessions

Theory exams are multiple choice questions

Cons:
A lot of homework, if you don't complete in time for final exam, you don't take it. Keep on top of it week by week and you will be fine. I carried on working full time and managed

At my particular location, they didn't provide enough bowls etc for practical sessions so I ended up taking my own in for exams

The actual ITEC Examiner who came on the final exam, seemed like she didn't give a rats arse about what was going on, she was barely even watching us

Other people on the course have received practical results, that I know have worked really hard and are really great at particular units, got low marks for things that I'm not as strong in. Suggests that she just made up the results

Theory on A&P is literally just brushed over, I learned about the cardiovascular system and the lymphatic system in 45 minutes (that's both of them together)! So I would highly recommend revising in your own time

Ocasionally questions were asked during exams, that we hadn't even learned about!

I know there seems to be more cons here. I'm so glad I passed and I managed to do the course and work full time. And I've managed to get myself my dream job out of it!

You have to work hard and it's long days so it depends if you are prepared for this!

Latest posts

Back