The ULTIMATE nail quiz!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okayyy here goes (feeling geeky) atopic dermatitis of the skin reacts abnormally and easily to irritants, food, and environmental conditions and allergens and becomes red, flaky and very itchy. It also becomes vulnerable to surface infections caused by bacteria. The skin on the flexural surfaces of the joints for example inner sides of elbows and knees are the most commonly affected regions in people.
Atopic dermatitis often occurs together with other atopic diseases hay fever, asthma and conjuctivitis. It is a chronic disease and its symptoms can increase or disappear over time. Atopic dermatitis in older children and adults is often confused with poriasis. Atopic dermatitis is flicked on humans, particularly young children; it is also a well-characterized disease in domestic dogs.
Although there is no cure for atopic dermatitis, and its causes not well understood, it can be treated very effectively in the short term through a combination of prevention bylearning what triggers the allergic reactions and some anti histamine drugs.

ohhhh that was a lot to think of my head hurts now lol:)

Which book did you copy and paste that out of! lmao :green:
and which question is it answering?

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it matter as long as the question is answered correctly? THAT is how we learn isn't it?

Why should anyone take the P out of someone who has taken the time and trouble to answer?

How we learn is not important as long as we do learn. Well done for answering.

What does it matter as long as the question is answered correctly? THAT is how we learn isn't it?

Why should anyone take the P out of someone who has taken the time and trouble to answer?

How we learn is not important as long as we do learn. Well done for answering.

I never said it did matter...and obviously it doesn't matter...god knows ive done it myself so why would I be taking the P!... I was just messing... for goodness sake geeg will you ever stop constantly jumping down my throat at every given opportunity? You are like a playground bully

Janey K...i'm sure you wouldn't have taken what I said the wrong way...but just incase you did then please accept my apologies..I was mainly laughing at the fact theres no way I could of said all that off the top of my head! well done from me too :hug:

No .. I guess I wont because your supposed sense of humour is not really funny plus the fact that you use the same excuse every time when you are taken to task. " I was only messing"

YOU MAY CALL IT BULLYING ... I call it plain bad manners on your part and not amusing at all.

Even you realised it or you wouldn't have apologised to the poster.

No .. I guess I wont because your supposed sense of humour is not really funny plus the fact that you use the same excuse every time when you are taken to task. " I was only messing"

YOU MAY CALL IT BULLYING ... I call it plain bad manners on your part and not amusing at all.

Thank you Geeg, it is so refreshing, I for one am getting fed up with the real bullying insults used by some.

No I dont use excuses..everytime I make a joke (and that is all it is) you turn it into something else, I apologised INCASE she had taken it the wrong way because you decided to take it upon yourself as always to plant the seed that I had said it maliciously...which is totally and utterly ridiculous..I wish you would at least try and get on with me there's no need for all this everytime I say something.

Well I dont think it is every time ... in fact I rarely reply to any posts you make ... only the ones that are mean or just plain silly.

I think any more posts directed to me personally, should be made in private don't you? Nicer for everyone really. More considerate. Unless you are just trying to score some points with whoever.:rolleyes:

'Bullies' usually don't speak up for others... which in this case is what gigi has done...

I have a question....:

Why does ridges appear on our nails as we get older...????

Last edited:
When Vertical nail ridges - sometimes known as 'celery stick' nails - appear as we age, it can be for a number of reasons.

The first and most likely reason lies in your genes. Our nails are directly inherited through our genes like hair colour and eye colour. The general shape or your nails - both the outline and the arch etc - are passed on to you as well as how they will look as they age. Of course how we care for our nails also plays a part in the future health of them.

Another factor is just the ageing process, how many children we have born, work, hobbies, diet etc.

Think of vertical nail lines rather like tiny wrinkles in your face that deepen with age on some and not alway on everyone. xx

I have 2 older ladies who come to me for manicures who had really deep ridges in their nails. They have both been coming for nearly 2 years and both use solar oil and cuticle eraser.

They and I have noticed there has been a distinct improvement in the ridging and I have assumed that this is the action of massaging in the oil and eraser.

Is this the case or could the treatments themselves be affecting the ridges ?

I have 2 older ladies who come to me for manicures who had really deep ridges in their nails. They have both been coming for nearly 2 years and both use solar oil and cuticle eraser.

They and I have noticed there has been a distinct improvement in the ridging and I have assumed that this is the action of massaging in the oil and eraser.

Is this the case or could the treatments themselves be affecting the ridges ?

As the aging process seems to go hand in hand with dehydration of the nailplate, I would say that the rehydration of the plate and the wonderful care you are giving to these ladies (plus their obvious good homecare routine) has resulted in reducing the visible signs of aging.

A good facial routine will do the same for ones skin.

So well done you and them ... I'm sure they are well pleased with that result. :hug:

i like using solar oil it is a very good and high quality oil ...it is rich in vitamin E and contains jojoba oil which is very similar to human sebum ..jojoba has healing properties ...i was looking for info a while back before i joined on solar oil and found a thread posted by gigi rouse (geeg) in 2006 about the benefits of using solar oil ...here it is

What does it do?
It shrinks eponychium and softens the skin around the nail unit.
It is a natural anti-inflammatory and can therefore be used for any inflamed area of the skin anywhere on the body. Bites, scars, burns, etc.
Solar Oil is made of such high quality lightweight oils that it enters between the polymer chains of the nail enhancements and keeps the product plasticized (flexible) and adds many months to the life of the enhancements when used as directed.
No other oil I have ever used does the job so well and my clients know it and love it and ask for it by name ... it has been voted top product by the beauty editors of so many magazines for so many years and is one of those must have products because it does what it says it does.
I don't want pretty .. I want what works and what my clients want; My job is SO much easier when they use it.

When Vertical nail ridges - sometimes known as 'celery stick' nails - appear as we age, it can be for a number of reasons.

The first and most likely reason lies in your genes. Our nails are directly inherited through our genes like hair colour and eye colour. The general shape or your nails - both the outline and the arch etc - are passed on to you as well as how they will look as they age. Of course how we care for our nails also plays a part in the future health of them.

Another factor is just the ageing process, how many children we have born, work, hobbies, diet etc.

Think of vertical nail lines rather like tiny wrinkles in your face that deepen with age on some and not alway on everyone. xx

Thanks for that gigi.... x

But then how about horizontal ridges which go across the nails.....?

are they the same principle as the vertical ones...?

Thanks for that gigi.... x

But then how about horizontal ridges which go across the nails.....?

are they the same principle as the vertical ones...?

No .. horizontal ridges on all nails usually indicate ill health or a period of ill health.

On only a few nails it indicates a probable habit tic.

Ridges that go across the nail are known as transverse ridges or Beau's lines these appear when a temporary interruption of nail growth occurs. This interruption may be caused when the body experiences an illness as geeg said other reasons are such as a heart attack or pneumonia, or any other shock to the body system. Trauma to the nail can also be responsible. the ridges usually grow out in time it depends on the growth rate and health of the nail .stress also causes beaus lines.

jane xxx

ok heres my question
look at the picture...what disorder of the nails is this?

nailhlthpsoriasisfing.jpg

I think it is Psoriasis, which is an inherited skin disorder, which can affect the nails as well.

Heres my Question:
What do you do if after application of your tip you find an air bubble?
and I have finished all my assignments for college so not asking this to help with homework.lol

well done annemac for correct answer it is psoriasis of the nails ...ahhh white areas under nail extenstion known as air bubbles..ok the problem solving procedure is you soak off and remove the tip and start again ,use a little more glue\adhesive to give more time before the nail bonds ....yes>? i was having this problem a few times but that was a long time ago

only twice nailzoo i didn't do it again lol

heres another one
663_f1.jpg

Latest posts

Back