Thinking of renting a room and...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUA

Reaction score
biting the bullet! And renting a room to carry out beauty treatments! I have several years experience and getting to the stage of realising I'm not bad at what I do! Also I'm struggling to live off minimum wage whilst putting in all the hours!

Is there good money to be made in renting a room and being self employed?

Also! Is it better to pay a weekly rent and supply all your own products or is it better to do a 40/60 split and the owner supply the products??

Would love to hear your success stories ❤️

Following this post, I'm just about to start renting a room!

The money's only good if the client base is there.
To open your door and expect your day to be full from day one would be very foolish. You need a safety net of money or you will get into debt quickly, as it takes time to build up your clients. Nothing happens overnight.

Pay rent and get your own products. Unless you haven't got the money to buy stock... Then you don't really have much choice.

Following this post, I'm just about to start renting a room!
Let me know how you get on Did you have an already built client base or are you starting from scratch? I know a salon near me is advertising a room for rent with 'already waiting' clients Xx

Ive only been doing this since December, so only just building a client base. I do spray tans and Definition eyebrows x

Latest posts

Back