Those of you that have 2nd jobs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
What is your 2ND job and how well does it work around your self employed beauty job? I hate my non beauty job as it doesn't allow me to do much beauty therapy so am looking for something that has set days (2/3 days ideally) so that I can then offer 2 days a week doing Beauty but don't know what to look for? Xx

I already worked (and still work) 28 hours a week in retail before starting my beauty business. I hate it, the rudeness of customers, the corporate shenanigans, the pressure of always feeling like we're short staffed - it's stressful. Slowly but surely my client base is expanding and, fingers crossed, I'll be able to start cutting my hours in the store to spend more time in beauty but at the moment I can be spending 4 days a week in the store and two evenings and my afternoons off doing beauty. But doing beauty doesn't feel like work, so it's all good :)

I used to work 40 hours a week in accounting and then had my beauty on the side every evening for 4 hrs a night!! I did this for 4 years then when I had my babies I concentrated on my beauty, I'm now a full time mum to my 2 boys and still have my beauty business every evening and I'm booked out 3 weeks in advance!!

I'm a Neal's Yard Remedies Independent Consultant aswell as beauty and massage. The two go hand in hand. I use the products in my treatments - facials, manis, pedis, massage and sales naturally come from that. I do the odd pamper/shopping evening which either lead to party bookings or treatment bookings. I don't do many parties but those I do always lead on to treatment bookings.

If you would like more details please feel free to message me xx

I do my hair extension business Monday to Friday and I'm a skydiving coach at weekends. I take students as and when I like so can always have the weekends off if I like but I do find it relieves the stress of a busy week!

I am a barmaid Friday and Saturday evening, I love the contrast of the 2 Jobs, having been doing it now for about 9 years.

Latest posts

Back