Thoughts colouring childrens hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on colouring under 18? Would you do it and what age is too young? Very hesitant to do a colour. What do you all think?

I agree to do clients daughters on the understanding they can Omaha e babylights with a base 9 or 10 so they look like sun kissed. I've done them
On as young as 12. I don't agree with it ,but I'd rather do a it or they'll do some place else and they may use bleach and murder the kids hair. To. Be fair I don't get asked that often thank goodness, and if u do them happy kid, happy mum, no damage so happy hairdresser too x

Just a heads up that you won't be covered by insurance when you use chemicals (colour/bleach/nail gels) on under 16 year olds in the UK as you're deemed not to be following 'manufacturers guidelines'.
If the child had a reaction, you'd be stuffed.

I know this isn't the case in other countries but you should probably check with your insurer to be on the safe side.

I personally wouldn't colour under 16 as my insurance wouldn't cover but even if it did I would still not do it

My insurance doesn't cover me to do children. Not only that teenagers who are going through puberty have mass hormone elevation and can actually elevate allergic reactions. Why on earth in gods name would you want to risk it?

Latest posts

Back