Thread of the Week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thread of the Week Poll. All please vote.

• [url=http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3007] Perfect Preparation[/url] [B](The Nail Geek)[

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • [url=http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3419] Service menu options[/url] [B](The Nail Geek)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • [url=http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=11608] Are these the worst nails .....[/url] [B](na

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Which of these threads have been the best out of the past week?

Welcome to the new, automated 'Thread of the Week'. A new poll is generated every 7 days to allow you to vote for the most beneficial thread.

What makes a thread eligible for TOTW? Views and Replies. The top 3 viewed/replied threads will automatically be selected for your vote.

You can make a difference!

hiya, you have mentioned the word "beneficial" do we judge the thread on it being beneficial, informative ie or can we judge the thread on what ever we think, ie just thought it was fab...the above threads each have a different meaning to me, all great but in different ways...thanks xx

Judge it however you want... Whatever you thought was the coolest thread I guess ;)

aww I wanted to vote for 2 of them lol... so I voted for the one most helpful to me.

I voted for "Are these the worst nails" for me this has to be the most educational why!!!!!!!! Well its simple THIS IS HOW NEVER EVER TO DO NAILS!!!!!!!!!Hopefully we can all learn from this and try to raise the standard and profile of todays technicians

Amanda

I also voted for 'are these the worst nails ever'.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist (understatement of the year!!!) and am never happy with the standard of the nails I do... so next time I beat myself up about not being 100% I'll try to remember there's at least one nail tech who's a million times worse than me!

Vod
X

I voted for 'are these the worst nails ever', although I also wanted to vote for 'perfect preparation'.

I voted for Fiona's post since she redeemed the reputation of the nail industry with her professionalism and great customer care, as well as probably gaining a faithful client. Her client now knows that there are also great nail technicians as well as unscrupulous ones. Had the client went to a technician who wasn't as knowledgeable and sympathetic, the poor lady may have put us all in the same basket as the bad technician.

Well done Fiona!!!!!

Sorry GMG but my vote went to Fiona for TOTW

she has raised the profile of the Industry after it got knocked...and unselflessly donated her time and money to promote the wonderfull world of nails - hats off to you Fiona :cool:

Don't apologize! Hell, I was surprised that both of the first two came up as they are yonks old. However I do have to admit a tinge of a whinge that I am so rejected!

*going off to change his mood

The Nail Geek said:
However I do have to admit a tinge of a whinge that I am so rejected!

pmsl... get your mood changed back and be happy again... yours was the one I voted for !!!!!!!

The Nail Geek said:
Don't apologize! Hell, I was surprised that both of the first two came up as they are yonks old. However I do have to admit a tinge of a whinge that I am so rejected!

*going off to change his mood

PMSL, change yer mood back it dont suit ya GMG!!!!!! were used to seeing you with a great big smile LOL

Amanda

I voted for the worst nails too - love ya babe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs Geek said:
I voted for the worst nails too - love ya babe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a bit of trivia Samantha, but there are two endings to The Abyss. Depends which cut you watch.
OK, I have just realised how sad I am......going now!
K x

Not to continue off topic... but I am :)

The Abyss we watched was the original cut. The ending was slighlty weak, but it still didnt detract from the film.
However, if you have a choice - only watch the directors cut. Yes its longer (something like 45 minutes longer) - but well worth it as it is 10x better.

Back on topic ;)

*going off to change mood

The Nail Geek said:
Not to continue off topic... but I am :)

The Abyss we watched was the original cut. The ending was slighlty weak, but it still didnt detract from the film.
However, if you have a choice - only watch the directors cut. Yes its longer (something like 45 minutes longer) - but well worth it as it is 10x better.

Back on topic ;)

*going off to change mood

Oooops! Sorry GMG! Slapped handies!:wink2:
Most definitely back on topic, I voted for worst nails. Couldn't believe my eyes!
Fiona's a star for doing what she did......you got my vote hun!
K x

The Nail Geek said:
going off to change mood

oh I say.........
hmmm.... speechless (which doesn't happen often) lol

sorry gmg fiona's thread gets my vote too
sorry

Are these the worst nails you've ever seen...definately gets my vote too. Also should win most shocking thread of the year so far!!! Well we should hope not to see another one like that. But alas I bet we will until we can rid the industry of these WACKOS that give nails a bad name.

GMG... The Abyss is one of my all time fav movies. The original is the best!!!

Cheers
RAE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back