Threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee_geeee

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive only recently trained in Threading and I'm struggling a little. I cant seem to get all hairs (as in the little blond fluffy ones) from under brows. This is bugging me!!
Also I am quite nervous about actually "shaping" the brow with it. I know this will come in time but just wondering does anyone have any tips.
I think I am just so annoyed by this because I'm a therapist 12yrs and shaping brows as long as that and I'm finding this frustrating to start with

It depends on what technique you have adopted, I thread with the cotton in my mouth as i find it easier to shape that way and felt I have more control over the thread. I find a few more twist in the thread helps to catch the fluff.

Threading is a method of hair removal in which unwanted hairs are plucked out by using a twisted cotton thread(particularly for removing/shaping eyebrows).

Threading is a method of hair removal in which unwanted hairs are plucked out by using a twisted cotton thread(particularly for removing/shaping eyebrows).

Thank Aalia, but I think the OP already knows what threading is as they are performing it.

It depends on what technique you have adopted, I thread with the cotton in my mouth as i find it easier to shape that way and felt I have more control over the thread. I find a few more twist in the thread helps to catch the fluff.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes I do this method too, i know I will get more confident as time goes on, being slow is not bothering me as I'd rather go slow and do a good job than not have happy clients. But I just need practice I suppose, struggling to get them all, maybe thats more my eyesight

Who did you train with? Looking for a threading course

I'm also looking for a course, i was sent on a sallys threading course by the place i worked and i never felt confident after i left, i would like to go on another one thats really thorough in technique if anyone could recommend a trainer? X

Practice is key x

I know I am a year late but I find a nice layer of baby powder and holding the thread firmly against the skin as you work is the best way to go. Twist the thread about 7 times. If you get the powder just right you will see the lines where you have been and this should stop you missing any.

Latest posts

Back