Tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isa bella

Reaction score
hiya. i am struggling with tinting eyelashes. 1. Whilst Tint is on lashes some clients saying it is stinging after about 5 minutes, I normally leave it on for 15 minutes ( I do remove if uncomfortable immediately)
2. Whilst removing it is sometimes the Tint is getting in clients eyes . I would like some suggestions to what I might be doing wrong please ? I would like the treatment to be enjoyed. Thank you

Do your clients have their eyes closed throughout the whole treatment?
Make sure their face looks relaxed before starting ...I've had the odd person close their eyes really tightly and their face scrunched up which isn't helpful at all.
Make sure you're not applying too much tint. They don't need to be smothered with tons of products. If you're careful with your brush you can apply it to the hairs without actually going right to the very root which might help?
When removing, I place a dry cotton pad over the eye and pull it down away from the eye. Don't rub. I do this again with a damp cotton pad. I then get a damp cotton bud and roll it downwards over the lashes, and I run it gently under the lower lashes. I then do this again with a dry cotton bud. Eyes closed throughout.

Thank you for replying great suggestions, I will make sure I get them to relax their eyes feeling more confident.

Apply less tint probably.
Also
Once the tint is on put damp cotton wool pads (cut in half) on the lashes and press gently to keep in place. This stops the client from flickering their lashes which can lead to the stinging when tint goes in the eye.
When ready to remove, put your thumb on the pad, finger under shield, keep layers together and use a sweeping movement towards the nose. This will then remove most of the tint in one go. Tell client to keep eyes closed while you wipe away remains of tint.

Hope that makes sense!

Apply less tint probably.
Also
Once the tint is on put damp cotton wool pads (cut in half) on the lashes and press gently to keep in place. This stops the client from flickering their lashes which can lead to the stinging when tint goes in the eye.
When ready to remove, put your thumb on the pad, finger under shield, keep layers together and use a sweeping movement towards the nose. This will then remove most of the tint in one go. Tell client to keep eyes closed while you wipe away remains of tint.

Hope that makes sense!
Thank you fab suggestion.

Latest posts

Back