Tip Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips or advice on their procedure when applying tips (ie applying them so they are balanced matching natural nail and how high or low they are applying them) - just wonderin if anyone has any guideline that they follow in particular. Every nail is different and I find it is hard to apply some tips straight depending of the growth of their nail. Also can someone tell me what they mean by pre-blend tips. Is this just having thinned them before applying them?

Im just wondering if you have done any training yet Charlene. If you have done your training and if you are having problems with a system you have learnt you should contact them for back up support and help, that is what you have paid money for, if you dont get that support then maybe you need to look at a different company.

i don't mean to sound harsh but these questions have been asked a lot of times on here and if you search the threads you will find the answers you are looking for. As to the questions you have asked this will come with practice and experience, troublesome nails are part of the tips and troubleshooting classes that creative run, Im not sure wether they are avaiblable to you where you are but there must be classes with a reputable company that can cover this.

HTH

Yes as previously said I have done training. But am currently seeking to do more. The course I did was short and rushed and they no longer exist. I am quite limited for time so I was just after some feedback on these little things. They arnt big problems or really problems as such - I am not after the fundamentals as you might think. I am simply just looking for more advice and new techniques - basically just making a general comparison in the methods. They might have been asked a lot of times on here but not by me and I have searched the threads and could not find anything relevant and as said am quite limited to time. Sorry if I sound rather inexperienced - but no there isn't a whole lot availabe to me where I am so I am just trying to do the best with what I have.

I basically remove as much of the natural free edge as poss, then apply my tip. Generally I cut out the pre cut wells to make them smaller so there is very little contact area. I pre blend natural tips by buffing over the well to reduce the thickness as much as possible so that when it comes to blending on the nail there is very little left to do.

I have several different types of tips with varying degees of c-curve so that I can tailor it to a flat nail plate, a curved one, or one with deep side walls. Like Scattyfox says, it will come with time. My tip fitting used to be crap, but now it's all but spot on every time. If you are having to push a tip down to be flat on the nail plate then it is too curved, if you don't have a variety of tips like me then you can go up a couple of sizes and then tailor the sides with your file to make sure they are flush with the natural nail.

Learning to be a good nail technician takes patience and practice so try and take it one step at a time and not to be in such a hurry - you'll get there!

Thanks for that. Just what I thought. I will keep trying. :)

Latest posts

Back