Tip Blenders (Liquids)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Woodward

Reaction score
Hi you all, missed you all so much but I,m back after a month of tears:cry: and heart ache (fellow of 6 years decided he wants to chew on some greener grass) was totally gutted, but hay when you,ve got nails who needs a bloke. Anyway on to the important business has anyone got any tips on using tip blenders (liquid)
Can,t wait to here from you.
Love ya loads Kath:)

K Woodward said:
Hi you all, missed you all so much but I,m back after a month of tears:cry: and heart ache (fellow of 6 years decided he wants to chew on some greener grass) was totally gutted, but hay when you,ve got nails who needs a bloke. Anyway on to the important business has anyone got any tips on using tip blenders (liquid)

hey there kath welcome back stranger sorry i dont use tip blenders i just use my trusty files i dont think the liqid blenders work very well im not sute but i think its cos theyre messy somone more knowledgeable will be able to say!!!!!!!!!!!! hang in therewho needs a man when u have got a nail trainer!!!!!

Lovely to have you back! :D
My best tip for tip blenders is to bin it!
They really aren't necessary and are counter productive. If you use good quality tip they're really easy to blend, fit, reduce the well and if you like pre-blend too. Apply to nail and it should take you no time at all to blend it in, 30-45 secs.
Blenders are usually just acetone, that will weaken the tip and cause splitting and cracking.
HTH

i'm sorry about your fellow there must be something in the air mine is leaving me to go back to blackpool and his ex, i dont know much about tip blender so can you give me a shout if you get any good tips

thanks hun

K Woodward said:
( what is it with men,)hope your feeling ok.:hug: tip blender have got a few bottles my self total waste of time , i find you still need to give the tip a good file, plus its gooey and stick and leaves your file in a mess. dianna xxxxxxx

misty said:
i'm sorry about your fellow there must be something in the air mine is leaving me to go back to blackpool and his ex, i dont know much about tip blender so can you give me a shout if you get any good tips

thanks hun
hope your feeling ok too :hug: diannaxx

stars r me said:
hope your feeling ok too :hug: diannaxx
thank you honey, i'll b fine i have my kids, nails and you geeks

IMHO - Tip blenders chug.

As was rightly pointed out - they are generally acetone based solvents that dislove the tip you are trying to blend in.
What happens is that the tip AND adhesive breaks down so you can 'roll' it away. Cyanoacrylates are weak as it is without breaking them down further with solvents. I prefer to pre tailor my tips instead to reduce the amount of blending time.

Never understood why anyone bothers with this stuff. I have looked at the ingredients of quite a few and some of them are 100% acetone. Very expensive for a tiny bottle of acetone!!

Jane said:
Lovely to have you back! :D
My best tip for tip blenders is to bin it!
They really aren't necessary and are counter productive. If you use good quality tip they're really easy to blend, fit, reduce the well and if you like pre-blend too. Apply to nail and it should take you no time at all to blend it in, 30-45 secs.
Blenders are usually just acetone, that will weaken the tip and cause splitting and cracking.
HTH

i totally agree with you - i dont use blenders at all - just a file

Tip blenders are what ice cubes are to my voddy, yea it makes it cold but hey it also dilutes the voddy xxx
tip blenders are naff, pre tayloring a tip and tip blending skills now they rocks..

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Tip blenders are what ice cubes are to my voddy, yea it makes it cold but hey it also dilutes the voddy xxx
tip blenders are naff, pre tayloring a tip and tip blending skills now they rocks..

lol... only you with ya voddy hun ;)

EzFlow do a tip blender but ive never used for blending tips.... its in my fibreglass kit to swap over if my brush it activator brush get clogged

Jess
xox

Nailsinlondon1 said:

I TOTALLY AGREE RUTHY BABE (i dont use ice cubes with the voddy tho hahaha)

Sparklepink said:
EzFlow do a tip blender but ive never used for blending tips.... its in my fibreglass kit to swap over if my brush it activator brush get clogged

Jess
xox

That is by far the best way to use it. I do the same thing with the bottle I got in a kit.

Funny enough, when I first started another nail tech told me about tip blender as her hot tip! I tried it once and found it took me longer than just ordinary blending.

Tips on using tip blenders??? Only one ..... Don't!

Plus, it ruins your files, chogs them up with melted plastic, what a waste!

I didn't even know there was such a thing and by the sounds of it it's better I didn't!! Like a few have already said good quality tips are easy to blend. Creative ones are great!

geeg said:
Tips on using tip blenders??? Only one ..... Don't!

Hi

My tip for tip blender is dont waste your money or the effort in using it its pants!

I only ever used a tip blender once, and that was when I went on my very first nail course doing gels (With the Edge I believe). Sorry to say I really didn't get on with it. I found it really messy, and I was always over blending. Can't give you any tips there I'm affraid. I stick with my files and never look back.

HTH

Latest posts

Back