Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie74

Reaction score
I seem to be struggling with the time it is taking me to complete a full set of acrylics, and the thing I dread the most is finding the correct tip size. I am still only working on models at the moment but every time I reach for a tip it's the wrong size so I put it back into it's little compartment (more often than not the wrong one) and I end up getting confused as I can't see the little numbers on the end, Then the tips get mixed up and I end up getting into a right old kaffufle,

I wondered if anyone had any tips (pardon the pun) on how to make this part of the service easier.

P.s I do keep a record for future appointments but it's that initial first service that seems to be a stumbling block.

Thanks

Ellie

Hi Ellie, once you have done a few sets you will know just by eye what size you need. In your tip box do you have a number guide in the lid? If not draw one up so you can see what numbers are in what compartment. (See pic)
I usually go for a 9 or 10 for pinkies, and 6,7 or 8 for the next 3 fingers and 3,2 or 1 for the thumb. (Unless client has particularly large or small nails) so use that as a guide. You'll soon pick it up without having to look at the numbers. If a tip is slightly too big for the nail just file the sides a little and keep checking it against the nail until it fits. You'll get used to it after a few sets. Xx
image.jpeg

Also don't put the tip back, if it's a bit to big for the ring finger check if it fits the middle or index finger, saves time fidling with the tip box x

Hi Ellie, once you have done a few sets you will know just by eye what size you need. In your tip box do you have a number guide in the lid? If not draw one up so you can see what numbers are in what compartment. (See pic)
I usually go for a 9 or 10 for pinkies, and 6,7 or 8 for the next 3 fingers and 3,2 or 1 for the thumb. (Unless client has particularly large or small nails) so use that as a guide. You'll soon pick it up without having to look at the numbers. If a tip is slightly too big for the nail just file the sides a little and keep checking it against the nail until it fits. You'll get used to it after a few sets. Xx
View attachment 197314

Also don't put the tip back, if it's a bit to big for the ring finger check if it fits the middle or index finger, saves time fidling with the tip box x

Just so you both know, the original poster has been absent from Salon Geek since the middle of last year.

Latest posts

Back