To Uniform or not to Uniform?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kated

Reaction score
Hello all,
:o
This is my first time writing a post on the site and I'm quite excited to be honest! I write for the magazine Professional Nails and I really hope you guys don't mind me getting in touch here and that I'm writing in the right mailing area! I have a feature that I would love to include your opinions in. The issue is simple, and I know it's one there are loads of mixed thoughts on:

Should nail technicians wear uniforms, matching clothes or whatever they want and why?

To use your responses in the magazine I will need your:
Name:
Job in nails:
Clothing policy where you work:
Your opinion on how nail techs should dress, uniform or not and if not, then what?
and preferably a head shot photograph!

In order to send your thoughts and the photo it is probably best that you reply to the following email address: [email protected]

Thanks so much guys - I'm learning loads just looking through your posts!

Best,

Kate Donovan

Hi, Welcome to the site hun!!

I got a bit scared for a second because i am also a Kate D. lol. i thought i had a clone! lol.

x

there was a post a couple of weeks ago about wearing uniforms or not... it was pretty much a Unanimous yes to wearing tunics cos they cover up yer bum!! lol!!!

I ALWAYS wear my tunic and either black trousers in the winter or white crops in the summer.
Because I work from home I dont want my clients to feel like its just a mate doing their nails, hell... they pay me the going rate so I want them to feel pampered by a proffessional!
(The comment about covering up your bum is also very valid. lol!)
Of course that is just my opinion, but you did ask!!

i at the moment im wearing black top an trousers til i can afford to get a uniform!!!

hello i will send you my oppinions and photo(ill have to do my hair and put my make up on:wink2: ) tomorrow,if you would like
im only in college at the mo though training to be a nail tech,dont know if thats ok ,we do still have a dress code ect...,and i sooooooo agree with the tunic covering the bum ,its a godsend ,infact thats what made me choose to become a nail tech in the first place lol :lol:

This thread should give you some info ~ clicky here
HTH
KxXx

I think a uniform looks professional
wearing your own clothes isnt as nice looking as a tunic or company uniform
would you go to hospital and find it professional if a nurse starting treating you without her uniform on ???
We are professionals so i think looking the part is vital.
But that is just my opinion
Deb x

Back