Toenail Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine1

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has any ideas or suggestions about the following??

A friend of mine sometime back stubbed her toenail and consequently it went black etc and she had to have it removed. The problem now is that as it grows back it grows about 1/4 of an inch from the cuticle and then splits, breaks, turns a funny green/black colour and lifts from the bed.

This has been happening for quite sometime now she's been to the doctor twice and they've tested the fragments for infection etc but have said there is no infection present.

So I just wondered if anyone can give any help/advice

Thanks

Lorraine

If there's no infection , then I would apply a toe tip for esthetic reasons.

Kimmi Rocks said:
If there's no infection , then I would apply a toe tip for esthetic reasons.

But what about the flaking toenail that's still slightly attached would you still apply a tip over that??

The nail grows about 1/4 inch and then starts to split, break and lift from the bed but is still attached slightly to the sidewalls and obviously as time goes on this part of the nail just sheds/crumbles away.

Sorry if I did'nt make this clear in the first instance.

Lorraine

Sorry Lorraine, I get your meaning now.

I would still put a toe tip on. I did this to mine and it protected it from any further damage. Just as long as you're sure there's no infection.

You have had a similar problem? Did your own toenail manage to grow under
the tip?

Yours intrigued

Lorraine x

Yes but it takes months before it starts looking 'normal'.

Thanks Kimmi
Will try and pursuade my friend to have a "Toe Tip".

Would you use gel or f/glass?

Lorraine
(sorry about all the questions)

Well I'm trained in L&P but any of the usual suspects are fine. Let me know how you get on. x

Latest posts

Back