Toilets, how important?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar_Girl

Glitterholic
Reaction score
Er so not really sure how to ask this but long story short after seeing some gutted caravans set up as craft rooms I have considered getting a caravan for doing nails in (will be moving at some point later in the year so would be nice to have something that could move with me)

I have found one that I like that I should be able to convert but there's no bathroom in it, I can get a self contained sink unit so washing hands won't be an issue but I am not sure about the lack of loo, on the one hand I think that's probably a good thing for hygeine but on the other depending on where it's parked I may not have easy access to an indoor toilet

Thoughts on this from a business point of view?

I wouldn't ever visit a caravan for treatments personally. Can't see it having mass market appeal.

I wouldn't be put off at all by having treatments done in a caravan but as a more (cough) mature client, I would prefer access to a loo.

Haha I should say this would be a little caravan gutted and
I wouldn't ever visit a caravan for treatments personally. Can't see it having mass market appeal.

I should have probably said but this wouldn't be just a plain caravan, it would be gutted and decorated inside and out, long term it would be set up in my garden basically like the summerhouses and sheds people have set up just a little more quirky (like my clients!)

But I do appreciate the feedback BannerPenguin

And thank you AcidPerm, I do have quite a few older clients which is why I was wondering
It wouldn't be an issue once I'm settled as obviously they could use the loo at my house! But in the mean time I'm getting more interest via word of mouth than I can deal without having a little space for it

I shall keep on thinking

I'd come to a caravan to have my nails done! It's quite quirky I think! Why not just buy a regular caravan with a toilet and kitchen and everything in it and just use the front area as your nail station?

Are you talking about a static caravan or a towing van? A real toilet can be plumbed into a static but if you're talking about a towing then you'd have to deal with emptying the toilet which I personally wouldn't fancy doing :eek:

I think it's a really nice idea though! Would look great once you've turned it into a nail salon type thing and very quirky and different. But as a client I would want access to an indoor toilet, unless it was a static caravan with a proper bathroom in it.

A lack of accessible toilet could be very stressful for some clients.

I think a lack of toilet is a massive compromise.

It really depends on your client base and where you are really. I've recently read about a girl doing quite well in downtown Portland I think. But then again the pdx motto is keeping it weird. Personally I wouldn't mind the no bathroom sitch.

Why not have a quirky outside toilet to go with your quirky nail bar?
There's a very small cafe near me which have a quirky toilet and it attracts a lot of attention, they have also transformed a horse box into an amazing ice cream parlour! (I'm guessing this would work for a nail bar too!!
It's brilliant what you can do with a little imagination,
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487431361.533133.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487431370.739076.jpg

Latest posts

Back