Toner for highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
Im level 3 qualified but have just started hairdressing again after a 7 year break.
My first fullu paying colour customer is booked in tomorrow. She is an allover base 4 and has said she has used box dyes 3 times on it. She wants to gradualy go blonde with highlights so im doing a full head bleach highlights tomorrow. She wants to go as light as she possibly can in one sitting so i will be doing lots of fine foils. Hopefully it will lift to a light yellow and I will then just put a platinum/pearl toner over it. I will use either goldwell colorance 10p or revlon nutri colour creme 1002 to tone if the highlights go light enough.
I have told her that if they dont lift that light and she might have to go a while with dark blonde/caramel highlights so I need a back up toner just incase they only lift to an orange. Any recomendations? Id like to stick with goldwell colourance or revlon nutri color creme if possible.

Have you thought of a colour reducer before the highlights? It may remove a big bulk of the colour making your job a lot easier :)

Im not sure wethet to go with 8N or 8A to tone. Will 8A be to ashy?

It really depends on what it lifts to, could you do a strand test?

Thanks for your advice! She didnt want to pay for a colour reducer service but I did a strand test and it only lifted to orange. I toned with goldwell colourance 8N and she was very happy with result. She has booked in to have them done again in a months time to try and get them lighter

Before and after pics

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-30-05.23.48.jpg
    PicsArt_05-30-05.23.48.jpg
    811.2 KB · Views: 110
Hi kayl good colour lift clients are always going to go through that awkward ginger stage however when lifting from dark if it goes very copper I always tone down a few shades so they go a lighter brown that way it blends in more with dark hair rather than a massive orange contrast at first x

Hi kayl good colour lift clients are always going to go through that awkward ginger stage however when lifting from dark if it goes very copper I always tone down a few shades so they go a lighter brown that way it blends in more with dark hair rather than a massive orange contrast at first x
Thanks. I have another customer in next week which is going to be the same but wants bayalage rather than the stripy highlights so i think ill use a 6 or 7 to tone rather than the 8

I Love using illumina 7/81 for situations like these x

Latest posts

Back