Took 1.5 hours to remove weekend lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMA

Reaction score
Oh my days!
I got a call this evening from a lady who'd had "weekend lashes" done by someone else a week and a half ago... She couldn't bare the pain and irritation any longer and found my number! I'm a mobile tech so as soon as she told me the pain she was in etc, I was there!
They were a mess and had clearly been touching the skin before my new client had attempted earlier to remove them herself with oil and warm water?
I've never had to remove anything so thick with adhesive. And remover even got in her eye a little after a while as I needed to use so much! I'm surprised it didn't take longer if I'm honest.
She'd even been told she could have these lashes infilled!!!!
Has anyone else been in this situation?
Does anyone have any tips on how to remove such a set easier? Or is slow and steady the only safe way?
(I wish I'd taken photo's but I didn't want to embarrass her.)
And what's a good way to word a warning to other clients about dangerous lashers who infill weekend and express lashes without sounding like a female dog? Haha
Thanks x.

Weekend lashes lasting a week & a half?!

Weekend lashes lasting a week & a half?!

Yes... Weekend lashes last up to two weeks. Not many people care for them well enough for them to last that long though.
Unfortunately in her case there was so much adhesive they'd probably last much longer regardless of aftercare.
The health of her eyes was suffering as a result of this other irresponsible lash tech who I highly suspect wasn't qualified at all. X

I know exactly how she feels - I've had a therapist put lashes on me before with the lashes touching my skin and it's soooo uncomfortable, does anyone on here add a second layer of glue after finishing application on top of the lashes to "make them last longer" as I wasn't taught that & can only imagine this would add to irritation? x

I had to remove a horrific set done with semi permanent glue 3 layers of cluster lashes on top of each other with a block of glue almost the length of this poor ladies natural lash. Took well over an hour to remove and had to use my tweezers to gently separate the clusters from both each other and the natural lashes. Poor lady was post chemo too so was scared of losing all her lashes again. It took all my will power and reiki calmness not to go to salon that did them and let rip.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had a set on myself done badly before. Unnecessarily thick set with glue touching skin so it hurt to blink too much. But these were way worse! And I can't get over that she was told she could have them infilled! Crazy. X

Last edited:
The recommended glue for rapids is the sensitive and last around 2 days and to me it sounds like they have used a cheap strong glue, and as rapids stick to more than 1 lash at a time they can cause pulling and are so uncomfortable I only use them for party's/weddings, you get what you pay for at the end of the day, I have also come across this from a cheap nail bar offering £10 eyelash extensions???x

The recommended glue for rapids is the sensitive and last around 2 days and to me it sounds like they have used a cheap strong glue, and as rapids stick to more than 1 lash at a time they can cause pulling and are so uncomfortable I only use them for party's/weddings, you get what you pay for at the end of the day, I have also come across this from a cheap nail bar offering £10 eyelash extensions???x

Ment to say from 2 days upto 2 weeks due to containing less amounts of bonding agent. I find individual much more comfortable than any sort of cluster.x

I know exactly how she feels - I've had a therapist put lashes on me before with the lashes touching my skin and it's soooo uncomfortable, does anyone on here add a second layer of glue after finishing application on top of the lashes to "make them last longer" as I wasn't taught that & can only imagine this would add to irritation? x

I'd never add an extra layer of glue on top. It would just be more irritating. X

I had to remove a horrific set done with semi permanent glue 3 layers of cluster lashes on top of each other with a block of glue almost the length of this poor ladies natural lash. Took well over an hour to remove and had to use my tweezers to gently separate the clusters from both each other and the natural lashes. Poor lady was post chemo too so was scared of losing all her lashes again. It took all my will power and reiki calmness not to go to salon that did them and let rip.

With the chemo thing too I'd have definitely lost it with them! (Thankfully don't know the name of who did this to my new client) x

£10 is what I paid for my nasty weekend lash experience (in a nice salon too). As did the poor girl from last night. Well paid more for needing me to remove them but oh well... It's not an unusual price. I charge £12-£16 for them depending how thick they want them. X

Ment to say from 2 days upto 2 weeks due to containing less amounts of bonding agent. I find individual much more comfortable than any sort of cluster.x

Of course! Any lash extension that involves sticking natural lashes together etc is going to be less comfortable and importantly less healthy which is why express lashes or remaining weekend lashes should be removed after two weeks. X

Anyway! Only one of my questions has been answered!
Does anyone have removal tips/tricks? And any advice on how to word a warning to post on my page about dangerous lasher who do this?

Also, after the ordeal *ahem* I mean removal, I told the client to keep her lashes/eyes clean and dry as much as possible and gave her a sample of oil to massage into her lashes to help promote growth etc.
Is there anything else I could've done?
Thanks x

lash perfect offer a growing serum I can't remember the name but will find it out for you!

removal easiest thing I've found is the salon systems remover just put some on cotton wool and let it soak into the lashes (being careful not to put too much on the wool so it's not dripping in eyes) then once it's started softening just ease them off using cotton buds. that's how I do it x

A microbrush and a disposable lip gloss wand works well with the remover too but the clusters are sometimes applied with wrong glue by unscrupulous places to make them last longer and the ckuster remover does not ttouch this glue in my experience so as I offer both semi permanent and weekender lashes I have both removers luckily. The tweezers for semi permanent lashes help too to gently break up big chunks of glue to get to natural lashes with remover to break the bond but you have to have a very steady hand and not pull any lashes out.

Think I pretty much did everything right then from what you've all said. Just a pain as it took so long!
I hope the person responsible gets what they deserve! X

Latest posts

Back