Top coats?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayleighw88

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting here!

I'm looking for some advice regarding topcoats, which are the best to use for...

- plain acrylics, no polish or nail art
- acrylics with normal nail polish/glitter/nail art

I've been researching online but get various answers. I have a lamp so can be gel if that's what's best. I've heard glaze n go is good for acrylics, and airshield is good for over polish and acrylics.

Is this right? I want a topcoat that isn't going to make any nail art crack, and is going to maintain that high gloss tough finish.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, first time posting here!

I'm looking for some advice regarding topcoats, which are the best to use for...

- plain acrylics, no polish or nail art
- acrylics with normal nail polish/glitter/nail art

I've been researching online but get various answers. I have a lamp so can be gel if that's what's best. I've heard glaze n go is good for acrylics, and airshield is good for over polish and acrylics.

Is this right? I want a topcoat that isn't going to make any nail art crack, and is going to maintain that high gloss tough finish.

Thanks in advance!

Over acrylics I like to use NSI Glaze N Go which is a UV cured product, but only over acrylic (not polish or gel polish) as it will crack otherwise.

Over regular polish I like to use the Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat. Sorry but I have never used Airshield although I have also been told its great.

HTH :)

What brand of polish do you use. We use vinylux at our salon so i use that topcoat. I use sparitual at home and use thiers. If you cant stand behind a companies topcoat, i wouldnt use thier polish either.

Latest posts

Back