Trained beautician in lash perming but don't want to pay for another course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.T

Reaction score
I'm nvq2 qualified beautician and nai tech and have been working from home over year now doing nails and eye treatments I'm considering starting eyelash perming lvl as I'm trained in it but don't really fancy going on a £200 course when I know what I'm doing have any of you ladies been in this position? If so what did you all do? It's a lot of money when all I probably need is a re cap on someone doing it on someone else!

Your insurance will probably insist they you do a separate course as some don't class it as the same treatment. Some do say though that if you have a perming qualification then you don't need to do a separate course so you need to check your insurance first.
I always think it's best to train in the specific treatment you are doing though as some things could be different.
For example I use Elleebana and they use rods and not shields. Their times are much quicker than other lash lift brand. I know LVL teach you to tint the lashes whilst the shields are on and with Elleebana you remove everything and then tint so it is best to do training :)

When I was on my course they made a point of saying the process was identical to lash perking so anyone qualified in that already wouldn't need to do another course... good to check with your insurers first though

When I was on my course they made a point of saying the process was identical to lash perking so anyone qualified in that already wouldn't need to do another course... good to check with your insurers first though
Thank you will give them a call, what system did you use? Was thinking of trying out Sally's to see how I get on.

Trained in salon systems and find them really good, only criticism is they don't make a small shield so I buy them from lash base as I use mostly small unless lashes are really long or they have a very pronounced brow bone that the lashes would tickle.

Having said that, salon systems reformulated recently and I've read on here people weren't happy with the new formulations so I have now bought lash base perming and fixing lotions and am very happy with those.

Latest posts

Back