Trainee advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
HI

We are thinking about taking on a trainee or beauty therapy student a few afternoons a week who would be looking for some beauty experience.

BUT, we dont know really where to start.

Would the college be a good place to enquire? We are really busy thurs and friday afternoons and need someone who will help out and they will still learn different treatment and get valuable experience.

Is this something that any of you have done? Or have you been a trainee at any time doing this?

THoughts, advice , anything I need to be aware of?

tigi

Golly, wish you were near me! I'd jump at the chance!

Might be an idea to advertise in the recruitment area on here first, also, my college has a classified section on their intranet for just this kinda thing, and they also have job boards posted around the college with the same ads on. When something beauty related comes up, they often put up a big ad in the salon reception where we can all see it. Might be worth calling your local college's salon direct and asking if they do this.

HTH:hug:

thanks Ditzy. I think we will give the college a call, see what they can advise us. I think we will also call the local careers centre too in case there is any assistance for us about the law etc and having work experience staff.

tigi

Latest posts

Back