Training and assessor training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zibabeauty

Reaction score
This is my first post, hope im doing it right!
Hi All
After 10 years of Beauty Therapy I would love to look into teaching, especially teaching Eyebrow Threading.
Can ayone point me in the right direction of what I need to do/ What qualifications I need?
Thanks

You would start by going to your local college and taking the 7303 teaching course,
they will advise of the best route to go on from there to become an assessor, hth :hug:

Louise Thankyou for the advice, much appreciated:hug:

city and guilds 7303 is also known as PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector which is the minimum requirement needed to teach

to do the A1 Assessor award - You will also need access to at least 2 NVQ candidates who are currently working towards their NVQ

I am just about to submit my portfolio for the A1 award at the moment - I teach NVQ level 2 nail services but I didnt assess my own candidates for the A1 portfolio - I assessed another tutors nvq candidates and that tutor countersigns the assessments to confirm I made the right assessing decision

you could contact local colleges and see if you could shadow a tutor that teaches NVQ beauty or nails - some colleges do this

hth
Nicola

Thankyou for info nicola, exactly all the things i needed to know, will contavct college tomorrow.
Thanks again
Halima :)

Latest posts

Back