Training..... where are you going??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparklepink

modges r us..we r coolio!
Reaction score
do many of you update yourselves as nail techs by continuing your education and training regularly?
i am only asking as i wondered where everyone see their nail career going....
and are you happy where you are at the moment?
...... or would you like to go futher .....and say take your master artist butterly certification?
i know that training isnt cheap trust me my credit card knows all abt it too.....lol
is it money that hold you back?
do you feel that you'll never improve so why go and take that step?
if money wasnt an problem what would you do next....who would you train with?

just wanna get ya all thinking....

Jess
xox

ps... i can answer it too if ya want but im sure you know what i'll say

Sparklepink said:
do many of you update yourselves as nail techs by continuing your education and training regularly?
...... or would you like to go futher .....and say take your master artist butterly certification?
i know that training isnt cheap trust me my credit card knows all abt it too.....lol

Jess
xox

where do i see myself going? up up up i say !!!

hopefully CUTICLES & CREATIVE are going to get me there.....you can carry on being an OK / mediocre technician....or you can STRIVE to be THE BEST...........i know where my heart is !!!:D

SUPER DOOPER thread JESS

Amb x

Terrific thread Jess x

As far as further education what I would like to do is get my masters for mani and pedi and L&P with creative. Conversion with YOU!! and yes I would love love love to work towards the butterfly certificate (you may be seeing more of me you poor girl:biggrin: ) So will be a very busy bee in the near future. Oh and starting beauty therapy next year also!

Shame I didn't spend that long in class at school eh! ha ha

Take care xx

Good question Jess..... In an ideal world I would skill build my l+p and learn either gel or fabric in the New Year. Then I would do Pre-Masters and start the road to l+p Master....

BUT, in the real world I will do 1:1 to learn to scuplt l+p properly (as opoosed to the taught myself version!), and then decide whether to do Brisa or Spa Mani & Pedi. This is my plan for 1Q06, after that depends.....

I s'pose what I'm saying is that I love what I do, I've come a long way and want to go further. I also have 2 kids, a mortgage, etc. and can't do everything I want to.

Good thread, it's made me think anyway!!

In the new year gonna book more classes to gain my masters in L&P to start with, then Gel & Fibreglass. And for when i am REALLY GROWN UP i would like to compete in the future cos i'm really competitive and hate to think i'm not the best....lol.

So all in all a LONG way to go really...lol

Sparklepink said:
Yes I want to train much more I hope to in 2006.
No I am far but happy at the mo I no I need to do a lot better if I want to make this a job for me. This is why I will do more training.
Oh I would love to do this but this is far away for me but maybe one day I could do this how proud I would be!
Yes it is money that holds me back, hubby has left the Army after 22 years ok he has a job but not very well paid and ok he has a good pension but I have 5 kids 4 who are still at home, so I can not just go out and spend spend spend I have to save first then I can do my course.
I would still train with Ezflow I have done one course but know there is many more for me to do.

This post has just made me put my thoughts down on paper these are my dreams and ok I wish I could do all this yesterday!!!! but for now I will have to wait get Christmas over and a bit of extra cash and I will be off again.

Jess
xox

Caz xxx:D

I know what you mean Yvette, morgage, children, bills etc just means we get there in the end just takes a bit longer!

Take care xx

i wannna do lots more training had a great day at creative on monday thats made me wanna go go go so gonna bok some more 121s from jan and i hpe in 2 or 3 years i can do the masters

aiming for grand masters, but will update at each opportunity to make myself a better tech - also fancy competing, but still abit scared about it, as i dont know the routine of that circuit.........yet

Would love to train in Japan and learn some tricks of the trade from the girls out there but not going to happen realistically.

So will be hopefully aiming towards my mani & pedi masters with Creative and more comptition training, would love to learn to sculpt and produce a realistic set of custom blends so no one could tell the difference like in Gigi's solar pics.

scattyfox said:
Would love to train in Japan and learn some tricks of the trade from the girls out there but not going to happen realistically.

So will be hopefully aiming towards my mani & pedi masters with Creative and more comptition training, would love to learn to sculpt and produce a realistic set of custom blends so no one could tell the difference like in Gigi's solar pics.

ooo Japan.... id love to go there too hunnio
the nail artists in japan are so dedicated to what they do .... as much as we spend our lives geeking and stuff they prob work 24/7!

the reason i posted the thread was someone had pm'd me abt something and said they were going to go on and eventually do advanced classes like the master artist butterfly certification......
.....it got me thinking and i wondered where everyone saw and how far they would like to take their career..... and i know that for many it will take a lot of time as money can play a factor in why we dont always do what we want when we would like to.....

Jess
xox

What it is the master artist buterfly certification i ahve never heard of it?

Se you can learn new thins all the time. Can youimagine it though Jess 24/7 nails an just think my nail would rock when i got home lol. wonder if i can pawn the kids for while to buy a ticket lol.

My dream is to be a master artist. But for now, my nearfuture dreams are to complete vtct course (just found out its actually vtct, not nvq!) in mani/pedi, then advanced nail techniques, and at some point (hopefully vv soon) do a conversion to EZflow.

Money is extremely tight right now, so Im gonna have to wait to do anymore courses after the ones above until I start working and can afford them. But Im determined to do it and make it a success.

Also Ive had this dream for a long time to be able to be an educator and provide training for people like me who have a real passion and love for nails but not the cash behind them to afford it. Not sure how this would work though.

scattyfox said:
What it is the master artist buterfly certification i ahve never heard of it?

Se you can learn new thins all the time. Can youimagine it though Jess 24/7 nails an just think my nail would rock when i got home lol. wonder if i can pawn the kids for while to buy a ticket lol.

its a certification thats been around for many yrs its where you take advanced classes in all systems and once you have completed all the classes and passed you will gain your master artist butterfly.... its the prettiest certificate ever!....l.ol
check out cal nails website under education and click master artist bit to have a look abt the butterfly :)

man 24/7 nails we'd all be tip top as long as we could maybe have a wee kip to keep going.,....lol
hey my sis works for virgin atlantic mite be able to get a cheaper flight eh?...,lol

I am gonna start from scratch with EzFlow next year (l&p, gel, mani & pedi).

I would like to do it all again straight from the beginning but don't think funds will stretch that far.

:Grope: Hey jesss , what a fab post. Money can be an issue but when ur heart is set on something that you know is going to help you achieve your desired dreams it become nothing (the money that is ). I would love to become an educator in the future but as a budding nail tech my dream at the moment is just to suceed in waht i can and see where the future takes me. Its a longwinding road and know one can rush into anything.

Stef
xxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back