Transporting Retention+ without it leaking??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNA

Reaction score
I have an aluminium briefcase that I used to use for my art supplies. I had a brainwave tonight and decided to put my nail gear in it instead.

All was going well until I got a huge whiff of monomer, my retention+ was leaking :cry:

What can I do?? The lid was on properly...
Theres no way to have it upright in this case 100% of the time as it's a briefcase style case.

On the up side I have a smaller one that my hairdryer came in and it fits all my polishes just perfectly! :)

i found mine leaked slightly in my case if all the foil was not off the top of the seal and i wrap clingfilm round it to be safe and elastic band.
HTH

ahhh thanks :)

Do you mean put the clingfilm on first before the lid? Or wrap the whole bottle in it??

a top tip for us all! This will work with lots of other things as well!!

scattyfox said:
i found mine leaked slightly in my case if all the foil was not off the top of the seal and i wrap clingfilm round it to be safe and elastic band.
HTH

Great tip from Scattyfox, I have found that the retention bottles can tend to leak slightly, and recommend to students that they should always ensure it is upright when being transported , and remove all the foil seal when they open it.
some still feel the need to place in a little poly bag when transporting in & out of class.
I am sure scattyfox means after you put the lid on.

oh yeah that makes more sense, lol

i'll try the clingfilm and then pop it in a ziplock bag just to be on the safe side. Oh and keep it upright as much as possible!

Thanks for the help everyone :D

yes should have said put clingfilm on afterwards lol

Hi all,

just wanted to add that when i first went mobile i had the same problem with retention leaking.My solution is....i transfer my retention into a menda pump bottle which i found to be completely retention friendly,no melting of bottle and no leaks.I then use a dropper to transfer my retention into my dappen dish.

isnt this pump transparent though, i was under the belief that it should be kept in the dark hence the retention bottle bein opaque.

Maybe i am wrong in this can someone straighten this out, thanks
x

Latest posts

Back