Uckkkk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitty78

Reaction score
I've been mobile 9 weeks now and had my first grim experience today. Had a call off an old lady to do a blowdry. So i turn up today to do it and she opens the front door and the smell of wee hit me straight away. She had 2 little dogs aswell who kept barking and snarling at me. My feet were sticking to the floor, it was just all gross :sad: I felt obliged to make her an appointment next week when she asked. As i was leaving she gave me a bag to put in the bin and it was full of skany dressings from her leg that the district nurse had left. Went home and fumigated myself haha. I really don't want to go back, what do you lot think i should do? I am really not that desperate for the money from a blowdry!

Hahaha! I've had experiences like this before, makes me glad I'm no longer mobile lol I'm 2 soft to say no though so I used to go back but she was sweet n always gave me extra what helped! But your self employed so it's entirely your choice whether u go back or not lol! X

I don't know how to not go back now. Maybe be ill on that day?

Then she might just rebook for a different day, if u don't want to do her hair anymore then say your no longer mobile and pass on another mobile hairdressers number x

Its very difficult to deal with I realise, but I think sometimes when mobile you are going to get situations like this that are really like being a carer, as i'm a softie I would be inclined to carry on as at least shes getting her hair washed and clean. It sounds awful but is there anyway you could make sure you're not wearing your 'best' clothes when you go or wear an unattractive tabard or apron?
if it really makes you feel sick then you'll have to stop going.:Scared:

I don't know how to not go back now. Maybe be ill on that day?

Well let me tell you.

Ring her and let her down gently and tell her that you are very sorry but due to your own personal circumstances you will not be able to attend to her anymore.

That's it. You do not have to explain any further and it is the truth.

It would be an unkind thing to do to an old lady wouldn't it? To lie and let her know at the last minute? Lying to get yourself out of a situation is not the way to deal with people. It's the kind of thing a 4 year old does, not what an adult does.

Iit was that bad that i can't go back. I phoned her this morn to let her know i can't do her hair. And yes i was tactful!!!

Latest posts

Back