Ultim8 with Redken?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Reaction score
Can I use bond ultim8 in redken products and colors? I know it sounds crazy, but is it like olaplex where it is compatible with mostly all products. Same goes for the other bond builders? Vice versa.

No idea, but my understanding is that the other 'bond builders' are essentially conditioning products as only Olaplex has the worldwide patents.

As far as I know smartbond, ph Bonder and bond ultim8 are the same technology they hero ingredient is malice acid which unlike olaplex stops bond from braking during the chemical process it dose not relink bonds it holds them together

As far as I know smartbond, ph Bonder and bond ultim8 are the same technology they hero ingredient is malice acid which unlike olaplex stops bond from braking during the chemical process it dose not relink bonds it holds them together

Sounds like advertising hype. Malic acid is a natural organic substance (google it) and is about as effective as smothering hair in coconut oil, another supposed hero ingredient.

It's basic hairdressing as the hydrogen bonds have to break when wet otherwise you couldn't do curly blow drys, perms etc.

The jist is that they are all compatible and are just conditioning agents to help the hair. So it won't do anything weird to my colors?

No it shouldn't do any thing weird

Latest posts

Back