Unbearably itchy nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olivia snell

Reaction score
Hi, I really really need answers because it's happened a few times now, I used to do my gels all the time at home and I stopped for a whole because the gels were running out, a few months ago my mum bought really cheap ones for a market which I tested out and made my hands so so itchy. So a few days ago I ordered more gel colours and tried them out but they made my hands itchy AGAIN, I only wanted to test them out but at the moment I only have 2 UV bulbs (more are being delivered today) but I need answers answers as even last night I woke up itching my hands really badly !!

By using cheap gels and not fully curing them as your lamp doesn't have the bulbs you've possibly developed an allergic reaction by overexposure.
If so this can get worse the longer you keep using these products and others containing the same chemicals.

I'd suggest you remove the gel immediately and don't reapply. If the itching is very bad or worsens I'd go to your gp for advice.

Anyone can develop a reaction at any time but unfortunately by using these products without training and knowledge puts users at higher risk.

I hope it eases for you soon.

Thank you so much, is there anything I can do about the allergic reaction? Will it ever go by using cream? And are my nails only itchy because the products are cheap?

No, once you've developed an allergy to a product, you generally have it for life. I had to give up doing Nails after I developed an allergy (and I'd had proper training and used good quality brands).
I can only wear ordinary nail varnish now.

No, once you've developed an allergy to a product, you generally have it for life. I had to give up doing Nails after I developed an allergy (and I'd had proper training and used good quality brands).
I can only wear ordinary nail varnish now.
Okay thank you

Thank you so much, is there anything I can do about the allergic reaction? Will it ever go by using cream? And are my nails only itchy because the products are cheap?
You'd only know if you get tested to see if it definitely is a reaction and specifically to what.

Any gel is a risk if it hasn't been fully cured in a lamp. Professionals are trained to avoid getting these products on the skin to avoid the risk of overexposure.

I'd remove it and stop doing the gels yourself

You'd only know if you get tested to see if it definitely is a reaction and specifically to what.

Any gel is a risk if it hasn't been fully cured in a lamp. Professionals are trained to avoid getting these products on the skin to avoid the risk of overexposure.

I'd remove it and stop doing the gels yourself
Thank you !!

Latest posts

Back