Unusual problem Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Hi im looking for some expert advice with regards a problem I am having with one of my clients nails...

Every time I do Gelish on this particular lady the product is shrinking away before ive chance to cure it & more during curing.
I just cannot figure out why! Its as if the nails aren't clean as it pits & shrinks & is so difficult to paint these! I've no problems like this with anybody else & I'm confident it is not my application etc..I've been using Gelish for years & never experienced this before!

This lady is 80 yrs old & takes medication.. I can only think it could be to do with medication... Has anybody else had a similar experience ?

In seen Gelish skrink before and after being cured is it in date ?

Hi im looking for some expert advice with regards a problem I am having with one of my clients nails...

Every time I do Gelish on this particular lady the product is shrinking away before ive chance to cure it & more during curing.
I just cannot figure out why! Its as if the nails aren't clean as it pits & shrinks & is so difficult to paint these! I've no problems like this with anybody else & I'm confident it is not my application etc..I've been using Gelish for years & never experienced this before!

This lady is 80 yrs old & takes medication.. I can only think it could be to do with medication... Has anybody else had a similar experience ?

I had an older client like that once and I basically had to prep her nails like I would do for acrylic I had to use protien bond after dehydrating the nail to get my gel polish to adhere to all nail and stop shrinking or seperating on nail plate (tried shellac, gelish, ink, and gellux all did the same) its deffo her medication but shes on that many we dont kno which 1 but doc thinks its causing an excess natural oil on her nail plate...

hth xxx

Hi!

Sam alerted me to this thread, I'm sorry I don't appear much on here! We have had these instances, where it seems to be the customer, not the product...which is strange isn't it??
What I advise is that once you have prepped the nail carefully, and used Ph Bond on all 10 nails, the spare hand should stay on the table where you can see it (put a towel over her wrist if she is a fidgety customer to prevent her moving) and then re apply Ph Bond to ONE nail, then apply the foundation right away, (no need to cure until all 5 nails are done) but continue to apply Ph Bond to ONE nail, then foundation, on individual nails, as this will prevent natural oils from re-hydrating the nail plate once foundation is on. Then cure the one hand and start the same process on the other hand.
I hope this helps.

Georgie x

Hi!

Sam alerted me to this thread, I'm sorry I don't appear much on here! We have had these instances, where it seems to be the customer, not the product...which is strange isn't it??
What I advise is that once you have prepped the nail carefully, and used Ph Bond on all 10 nails, the spare hand should stay on the table where you can see it (put a towel over her wrist if she is a fidgety customer to prevent her moving) and then re apply Ph Bond to ONE nail, then apply the foundation right away, (no need to cure until all 5 nails are done) but continue to apply Ph Bond to ONE nail, then foundation, on individual nails, as this will prevent natural oils from re-hydrating the nail plate once foundation is on. Then cure the one hand and start the same process on the other hand.
I hope this helps.

Georgie x
Thanks very much Georgie I will give this a whirl on her next appointment & keep you updated :) x

I have had same prob with different brands of gel polish ie( gelish, entity, and lechat). I simply flash cure first coat.. But have to be quick about it or it shrinks quick.. I believe it's the clients nails not really prep because on happens on certain clients

Latest posts

Back