Upgrade qualifications to NVQ/VRQs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrettax

Reaction score
I’m almost at the end of my NVQ level 2 beauty therapy course. I will be taking short courses in specific treatments such as lash lifts, gel polish etc. Do you think it’s necessary that I upgrade the courses to NVQ qualifications? I hope to be mobile and work from home but I would actually like to work in a salon I just don’t think it would work with childcare etc. Any advice please x

No, I don't think you have any need.
If you have a full level two plus your added extra certs, this should be enough.
Just check that the short courses you do are accredited for insurance purposes

I agree with CFBS and would also suggest checking reviews of any short courses you do as I found some are definitely better than others!

I’m almost at the end of my NVQ level 2 beauty therapy course. I will be taking short courses in specific treatments such as lash lifts, gel polish etc. Do you think it’s necessary that I upgrade the courses to NVQ qualifications? I hope to be mobile and work from home but I would actually like to work in a salon I just don’t think it would work with childcare etc. Any advice please x

No definitely not. These are standard ‘add ons’. In some cases people do them as stand also treatments but if you have your level two you’ll be fine - for working from home or employed. We request a minimum of level 2 and if you have further qualifications even better.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back