Upper lip wax on someone who shaves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minstrel

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to waxing and only trained a few weeks ago in hot wax. I have done a few upper lip waxes now and I now have a lady enquiring about having her upper lip waxed but she currently shaves every 2 days. What length of growth should she have for me to wax? I know it would make a huge difference for her to have her lip waxed rather than shaving every other day. I'm not sure how long she will be able to go without shaving beforehand as she says she has quite a dark growth. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated! xx

For facial hair, she obviously isn't going to want grow it for long, understandably so!! I would suggest maybe 2 weeks if she can manage that, but make it clear to her that she may not get a brilliant result initially, as some of the hairs May not be long enough to grip in the wax, try & get her into a decent waxing pattern, & tell her she is going to need to stop shaving. HTH

I think I would book her in for an appointment 7 days after she stops shaving. Then go to 9 days, then 11 etc.
I would tell the client to bleach with Jolen as often as she feels she needs to in between these initial treatments and always stress that she can phone you for a waxing at short notice if she needs to.

It's all about supporting your client through the first few sessions until you find a balance with her speed of hair growth

I had a client that shaved chin and lip. She came weekly to start with, it took quite a while, but slowly she was able to extend the time she came, to start with it was weekly or if there was something special coming up.

I worked at a salon where the owner had been shaving, so I waxed her upper lip with hot wax and then three days, then fours day etc until she was able to go a month.

Latest posts

Back