Using gel polish over Bio Sculpture base?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanejayne

Reaction score
Hello,

I have some lovely colours in my gel polish collection that I want to use but I need a little more strength.
I normally have acrylic nails but I want to change to bio now.
Could I use the bio base then the gel polish then bio sgel and topcoat?

Thanks x

Hello,

I have some lovely colours in my gel polish collection that I want to use but I need a little more strength.
I normally have acrylic nails but I want to change to bio now.
Could I use the bio base then the gel polish then bio sgel and topcoat?

Thanks x

Leanejayne I am sure you can use Bio on your nails and a Gel Polish OTT but I would finish your Gel Polish with the top coat that should be applied to the Gel Polish you are using ie the one that is from the same system. For example, if you applied Bio, then you used CND Shellac and finished it with Bio top coat, you would have immediate problems.

This site is all about FACTS and not just submitting our own opinions. As professionals we should be following manufactures guide lines on how to use the systems we are taught with, in a proper and professional manner. To say we support something doesn't make it correct or right either the treatment or for the consumer and it is they who are paying us.

I do know that you can use Gel Polish over enhancement style products but again am wondering why when regular polish lasts just as long and comes off way faster.... Just a thought!!! HTH's.

I've been using Bio Sculpture alongside CND Vinylux and Vinylux top coat, successfully, for several months without any difficulties at all...Bio confirm their system is compatible with others.

I do agree with Mrs Geek though that all the correct component parts of the additional system must be used, as it's not simply a case of mix and match....otherwise, you could begin to experience all sorts of problems.

Thanks for your reply ladies.. It will only be for my nails, I wouldn't put it on clients. So if it doesn't work I can re do them straight away!! Thank you x

Latest posts

Back