Using nail vinyls/stencils with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been wanting to do the chevron and zig zag designs and came across using vinyls as a stencil.
Just wondering if anyone else using gelish or other gel polish uses these, and what is your routine/method also with curing times?

Thanks

I use Gelish... whenever a client asks for designs to be included in their gel manicure, I drop a little onto a tile and use a detail brush to draw the requested art. I don't normally use stamping, tape, decals, etc. It smooths out nicely once the top coat goes on.
as for curing times, I use the Gelish 18G LED, which cures the foundation layer in 5 seconds, and each color/ top layer in 30 seconds.

I do some free hand nail art, but wanted to use vinyls for the zig zag etc... to get a better finish.
With the curing times, i know the basic timings as i have been doing gelish for approx 2 years, but just struggling with using these vinyls abit, and with the gelish colour bleeding a little underneath.

Latest posts

Back