Very basic questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teachspca

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, but... I would like to know the difference between Gel, Silk Wrap, and Pink and White. I almost never get my nails done, but I'm going on vacation and would like to get them done. It will only be for one time, so whatever is nicest, and easier to remove. I want a French manicure and pedicure. (How do you tell the lady that you want "fake" toenails, too?):) Thanks for your help!

Ask for enhancements or artificial nails for your fingers and toes, make sure you specify that you want an artificial product on your toes, not just a pedicure.

All 3 products are in the same family, the basic difference is in application and curing. Gels are a "softer" product, thin flexible and shiny, they can be done in a multitude of colors or pink and white. Silk wrap uses a tip to extend the length and a small piece of specially designed silk or fiberglass encased in resin for strength. Pink and white are traditionally Acrylic or Liquid and Powder systems.

Silk wrap would most likely be your best choice based on the information given, and the french manicure will have to be polished or airbrushed on after. HTH

For ease of application and removal I would second Jeni's reply.......... Fibreglass or Silk will be the best system for you..........this can be applied or fingers and toes.....
As the nail polish will be applied to a based nail, it will last for ages and will just have to be brightend up with a little clear top coat...........then when you feel like it, just pop back to your salon and have it soaked off, this will take about 10-15 minutes.........
HTH

Hiya xx

Do you have any length on your nails...? if so a natural overlay in either systems would be nice as all soak off apart from some gels.

Do you bite your nails...? If so i would offer tip and overlay in either L&P or gel.

French can be achieved in many ways...and with all systems...or as said above...painted on or airbrushed.

For toes...in french just ask for an overlay on toes...this again can be done with either L&P or gel...

L&P and gel can come in pink, white and clear so a much more longer lasting french finish can be achieved and so you wont have to worry about polish or airbrushing chipping off while on your hols..

Enjoy your hols. xxx

Latest posts

Back