Vintage portfolio building

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitter nails

Reaction score
hi,
I'm looking into being self employed offering a vintage hair and make-up service for weddings or special occasions, been out of work for months so need to do something, and I love doing rockabilly hairstyles so I thought I'd give this a try and look into it. I thought about making a portfolio and need some advice wondering if its ok to use a hairdressing manikin rather than actual really people for the hairstyle part? Just until I get clients and so I have something to show people, also how many looks should I do? thanks any advice would be gratefulx

I can't think of the name of any right now but there are websites for makeup artists, hair stylists, models and photographers who want to build up their portfolios. This could be perfect for you x

I'd urge you to use people for your portfolio because it shows that you can work on different faces. Where in the south east are you? I would be happy to model for you (I'm not an actual model, just a friendly face offering to help a fellow artist)

Latest posts

Back