Was I rght?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hartey

Reaction score
Hi everyone, small problem really, we had a lady who had booked her daughter in for a prom at 330 then rearranged that appointment for 430, after doing another 2 girls proms hairs we started this girl prob being a few mins late if that! we aked her what time she would be out for she said 545 20 mins later and after we had tonged half the back section of her long hair, she said she had to be out by 530 so we speeded up a little obviously, after we had done the whole back section we suggested to her mom due to the time we could do bigger curls on top or we could carry on and be about 5 mins late ie 535 she would be finished. Then her mom marched across the salon saying we were unprofessional and that the curls would be different and demanded i leave my client (a male that was booked in for 515) to help finish it off. My client (Male) was understanding and let me leave him and help my partner. After 1 min of us both doing her daughters hair she was on the phone to her partner saying put the heated rollers in, so i took the gown off the client and ushered them both out the door, she tried to pay ut i insisted she took her money with her. I guess her main complaint wwas that we were gonna be 5 mins later than she had wanted to get out by, not the quality of work so .....was i right?

Sorry for long post! lol

what a lot of fuss over a prom, anybody would think it was her wedding day.:rolleyes:

did she even ask how long it would take when she booked the appointment?
maybe she should have planned for an unexpected delay.

hi ive just opened my salon and very new to the business. but ive had this a few times only by females and its annoying. even thoughi make sure i say how long it will take.

at least your client was understanding and let you help

Sorry but is a bit much to be called unprofessional for being 5 minutes late. Hope you are not stressing much over this. xxx

Trying not too, but its these silly little things that knock your confidence....plus we only been open 7 weeks!

I wouldn't fret too much if I were you! She was the one who changed the appointment to an hour later and then said 5.45 then 5.30 then threw a strop when you were going to be 5 miinutes late! Honestly she should have left contingency time anyway! I personally would have taken her money though, especially as she was extremely rude to you in front of other clients.

I won't tolerate rudeness at all :smack:so I'm probably not the best person to ask but manners cost nothing in my book.

Good on you but next time keep the money!

Lol Lx

Dont dopey clients make you fume. I would have charged her. Plus put a fiver on the bill for the rudeness!!! Do they think we click our fingers and the hair is done? I would have told her I a hairdresser not f****** Mary Poppins. Us Londoners are quite rude tho x

Thanks for the positive replies guys, I thought i was in the right but its nice to get a few opinions!

You handles it really well. Who does she think she is......JLo? :hug:

I wouldnt worry about it if i were you, she is a client you dont need anyway if her mum is going to act in such a way, your not unprofessional at all, you was doing your job the best you could and you was a few minutes late, so what? its 5 minutes not an hour!

Let it go over your head hun xxx

Latest posts

Back