Was it Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushlonglocks

Reaction score
Hi, not sure where to put this but hope its the right place. Didnt want to start a new thread with me not being a nail tech (popped over from hair). However, im a newbie to having my nails done (recently recovered biter) and after browsing the lovely pics on here i decided to book in for shellac. I spoke to the salon owner on the phone and asked about the procedure etc and if it was shellac. Anyway, i went this morning and noticed the polish she was using wasnt a shellac bottle and just said gel nails on the front. Dont get me wrong, my nails look lovely but she charged me £25 for this. Am i right to feel cheated? X

Hi, not sure where to put this but hope its the right place. Didnt want to start a new thread with me not being a nail tech (popped over from hair). However, im a newbie to having my nails done (recently recovered biter) and after browsing the lovely pics on here i decided to book in for shellac. I spoke to the salon owner on the phone and asked about the procedure etc and if it was shellac. Anyway, i went this morning and noticed the polish she was using wasnt a shellac bottle and just said gel nails on the front. Dont get me wrong, my nails look lovely but she charged me £25 for this. Am i right to feel cheated? X
Yes ... did she buff your nails? Did you say anything? Did you go to Shellac Its not as if there aren't plenty of Shellac users in West Yorkshire!!!

Yes ... did she buff your nails? Did you say anything? Did you go to Shellac Its not as if there aren't plenty of Shellac users in West Yorkshire!!!

Yeah she buffed my nails. I didnt say anything at the time. There was plenty of shellac polishes on her shelf and i chose from them which colour i wanted but then she used something different but the same shade.

Yeah she buffed my nails. I didnt say anything at the time. There was plenty of shellac polishes on her shelf and i chose from them which colour i wanted but then she used something different but the same shade.

How silly of her! :rolleyes:

If you have weak nails the gel is a better option as is thicker than Shellac so will protect your nails from breaking.
Regarding the price, I think is quite fair for gel overlays. In our salon we charge 30 pounds for this service. x

Latest posts

Back