Water Decals - Help please :o)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Morning All

I have a client in this afternoon who wants some Christmassy nails so I've purchased some water decals (cos we all know I'm pants at art!!)

So, how do I use them? :o

I'm assuming I cut out the design I want, soak in water until the backing is saturated, then slide off the paper on to the nail. Top coat over the top and I'm sorted! :cool:

Is that right?

Anyone suggest a good nail art course, I'm in serious need here :wink2:

Thanks in advance

T
xx

Come on you lot - 8 people have read this and not replied - someone must know how to use these things!

My client is in at 2pm :smack:

T
xx

Trinity Nails said:
Come on you lot - 8 people have read this and not replied - someone must know how to use these things!

My client is in at 2pm :smack:

T
xx
Sorry Trinity
I was one of those 8 who looked at your post but I am a complete novice to the nails industry and was just looking to see if I could find out how to use them too.
Best of luck ... sorry I couldnt help ya out.
Jen

JCS said:
Sorry Trinity
I was one of those 8 who looked at your post but I am a complete novice to the nails industry and was just looking to see if I could find out how to use them too.
Best of luck ... sorry I couldnt help ya out.
Jen

Thanks anyway Jen :hug:

Hopefully someone will help us out soon, then we'll both know :green:

T
xx

Trinity Nails said:
I'm assuming I cut out the design I want, soak in water until the backing is saturated, then slide off the paper on to the nail. Top coat over the top and I'm sorted! :cool:

Is that right?
I'm no expert but thats how I do mine, be sure to let it dry completely before you top coat

HTH :)

Well i could be completly wrong here but i have some transfer type thingys and wot o do it place it on the nail and get a small bit of sponge soak it in water and keep dabbing till paper slides off.

Or could it just be i've got transfers?

I dunno

Doesn't Chocolate do nail art courses? or is it just airbrushing?

Sorted - thanks anyway ladies

I cut the design out, floated it in the top of my water menda dispenser, peeled the decal off once the backing looked soaked and placed it on the nail.

The biggest problem was stopping it from moving around when it was still wet, or getting it to slide into place if it was too dry.

Anyway - all done now, and Client loves them

Thanks
T
xx

Latest posts

Back