Water marbling with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely. I think I'm actually in love with nail art...

These designs are really beautiful! Did you make the gold glitter by mixing glitter with top coat? Going to have a go! X

No hun, its actually iced capuccino shellac! Looks really gold though as you say, which comes out gorgeous if used to swirl xx

No hun, its actually iced capuccino shellac! Looks really gold though as you say, which comes out gorgeous if used to swirl xx

Wow! Really? Typical...I haven't got iced cappuccino! Do you think gold glitter and top coat would work? Sorry for all the questions! Xx

Mmmm i would maybe try fine gold glitter/shimmer mixed in to iced coral, or clearly pink or an actual colour rather than top coat.....

Then just use the top coat to finish after curing your colours! Trial and error, ive did loads and the colours i picked just didnt look nice thats why i always try and pick one bright one light/pale and one dark....and either add on a light or dark background. I dont see why you couldnt incorporate glitter some how ! X

Fab! Thank you! I'll let you know how I get on! X

thought id add my first attempts thanku for the tips i love marbling!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325882416.395026.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325882416.395026.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 592
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325882437.665672.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325882437.665672.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 564
thought id add my first attempts thanku for the tips i love marbling!!!

Beautiful!! Well done :) its fun isnt it!! Xoxo

thanks sher!! very good fun! haha x

last one i promise!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325885645.621486.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325885645.621486.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 756
Thanks Sher16 for the advice.

Loving the purple one MissLB.

xx

thanks everyone i was a wee bit smug with this one shame the other halfs gone out the cats dont appreciate it! haha x

photo.php

I literally apply my first coat of colour gel in the normal way & cure. I then apply the 2nd coat & before it is cured I drop white (or what ever colour I wish to marble with) and swirl it with a dotting tool in the area I want my design - (cocktail stick will do the same job).
Once Im happy with my marble effect I cure then just finish using my choice of finishing gel :)

wow! love these xx

Had a go with Shellac

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325924514.984895.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325924514.984895.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 602

Latest posts

Back